• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro I.C.E. Series

Hey Rusty,

Instead of fishing the just the big (well known) lakes around the metro, throw in two or three smaller lesser fished (in the winter anyways). This will help out the people who haven't been fishing one of the big lakes all their lives.

When I say a small lake I mean a lake about the size of Lake Calhoun.

I have a few small lakes in mind, that are loaded with big fish of all species.
If interested e-mail me at [email protected]

One other thing. Why not add another species of fish, for example; catfish or trout.
While I have caught trout thru the ice I have never caught a catfish thru the ice.
I'm sure some one out there knows of a lake where you can do this.

------------------
Study to be quite

Rusty, I think I can help out on "the buff", but we better hit it in December or early January or forget it! After that it slooooows to a crawl and northerns are about all you get. There is good walleye action at first ice and crappies too. I will be up at LOW and URL Dec. 27-30 and again Jan. 10-13, so I can't help then. I would recommend making this one of the 1st events, I can garentee everybody will catch fish. Let me know if I can help.

Rusty I think you have a great idea going. I would love to see Waconia stay on your list...not that I think too much of the lake but it is only 5 min. from my house. There are many small lakes in the Victoria area that I could also suggest although I realize that is a drive for a lot of people. I would make it to as many of these events as possible.

[email protected]

I'm still working on the list of lakes, and recruiting people to assist. Steve 21, and Renneberg you have mail. Bigeyes, I would love to have some help on Buffalo. Thank you for the information on early ice. That is exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for. Email me at [email protected], so we can discuss it further.

Good Luck,
Rusty

I am sorry to have to inform you that I am going to be unable to operate a metro ice league this year. My employment is going to limit the amount of time I can commit to these events, and I do not want to short change people. I really wish I had the time to commit to this event, as I think it would be a great success. Hopefully we can get somebody else to run it, or maybe next year we could organize one. I apologize to all of those who were looking forward to participating. I am going to try to make as many FM get togethers as possible, and I hope to see many of you there as well. Again I apologize.

Good Luck,
Rusty