• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Suggestions for Metro L.E.T.S.

We used the Maxwell bay access and I thought it worked out good.Tonka does get a little crazy in the afternoons.We did have a team that fished the Tonka event with a small jon boat and they did well.They mostly stuck to the small bays.

When would this be going on? If it's not too far into the spring, we could still avoid a lot of the pleasure boat traffic.
Say three weeks after opener. Then bass would be open too. I suppose if you're talking 8 days, that's two months in though isn't it, never mind. Start the tourneys in the rivers, where the season opens earlier(St.Croix) and is open all year round(Mississippi), and then go into the lakes by opener. How about it?

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

Sucka-
I don't know about anyone else, but I know my putt-putt won't handle the rivers in the spring. I'd have to call in my weights from Missouri.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Hey Sucka!
If we had them on the rivers I think we would have to call you "The Ringer." Seriously, I'm ok with the croix, etc. Are there enough backwaters and slackwaters to accommodate folks with smaller boats/motors? I'm (obviously) not too familiar with the rivers, but I am willing to learn.

mm

Not in the spring time. So how about this tourney....I think we all should meet somewhere and have a gathering to make the final decisions on this tourney....or atleast do it now on the forum.

Just got off of fish lake and caught 6 bass, now going deer hunting

We will have a meeting but it will be after the holidays.This gives those who want to attend the opportunity to without conflicting with family or business holiday plans.I will post the date later.Don't worry we have plenty of time to get this thing organized.

Fishhead- Where are you from? I have fished Waconia numerous times and also Howard lake a couple of times. Opener last year out there we caught two walleyes 23in. and 25in. And since I was able to catch walleyes there, (my first two that weren't caught up north) I am assuming most people would have no problem out there. I have also been told that Howard has a lot of bigger northerns

Hey sthwst
I live in Chaska.I am for the most part a river rat these days fishing the Minnesota for cats and eyes.I used to fish Waconia quite often,almost exclusively about ten years ago.It was then as it can be now a great walleye lake.Last time I fished it about 2 summers ago we had great luck fishing the weeds.We caught quite a few eyes and some going from 4 to 7 lbs all mixed in with nice bass and panfish.Yes I agree this would be a good league lake.
I have never fished Howard but used to know a guy who would rave about the bass and walleye in that lake.I would love to include this lake in the league.Does it have a large access that can accomodate 15 rigs on the weekend?