• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sabot Slugs- What's a good one ?

I think every slug so far that has been mentioned has been good. I used to shoot the brennekes, great knockdown power. Not as tight of groups out of my gun at 100 yards. The partition golds shot great for me and I used them for a couple of years. Then I tried the Hornady SST's, they were almost $5 cheaper and looked wicked. I have had good luck with them. So that is what I'll stick with. If they go up in price, I'd probably go back to the partition golds. I have only ever heard good things about the Federals, but I haven't shot any. All the remingtons didn't pattern well out of my gun.

I bought mine at Fleet Farm, but I think you can buy them anywhere and print out the rebate form. MAX 2 boxes.

"Get up to $10 back on Barnes slug ammuntion. Receive a $5.00 per box rebate by mail from Federal Premium. (Maximum rebate - $10.00) Offer expires December 31, 2009. "

not a bad deal

For the people that want a great cheap slug I would sugest the brenneke ko 2 3/4. $4.00 a box I am getting 3" patterns 100yds with both my mossberg 500 and with both rifeld and bird barrels. I can by 3 boxes for the price 1.

I also shoot the Federal Barnes expander. I have dropped 2 deer in their tracks. They also have a $5 rebate per box right now. So you can get them for around $6 a box.

Jim916- Is that right? You got the Barnes expanders for $11 a box? I'm used to paying $18 to $20 a box. I'm going to have to by a few cases for that price. Which mills did you get them at?

Originally Posted By: Jim916
I also shoot the Federal Barnes expander. I have dropped 2 deer in their tracks. They also have a $5 rebate per box right now. So you can get them for around $6 a box.

Jim916- Is that right? You got the Barnes expanders for $11 a box? I'm used to paying $18 to $20 a box. I'm going to have to by a few cases for that price. Which mills did you get them at?

I have never paid more than $15 a box for Federal Barnes Xpanders at Mills.

My neighbor who works for Federal got me 50 boxes of the P152 XT1 2 3/4" 3/4 oz Barnes Xpander Tipped for 10 bucks a box.

Geez guys wish i would have seen this post before deer season, i paid a butt load for my box of five for this season, good thing i still had some left from all the other years, i first started out with win. platnium but have now gone with the federal tipped 2 3/4. I tried the 3in one this last season and noticed that my gun was off a small bit but was still able to drop my 8 pointer in his tracks, first deer that has done that to me, also first time i herd a deer's death cry.

Try a bunch of them and see shat shoots best, but for top performance the best ballistics I have found were the Winchester supreme partition golds they have a muzzle velicity of 1900fps and more energy than any others mentioned I looked up.