• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW - I.C.E. Series Amateur Contests

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
Click here to register for an
IceLeaders Challenge Event Amateur Contest.

We are excited to announce the addition of the IceLeaders Challenge Event Amateur Contest to coincide with each I.C.E. Series main event.

These contests are meant for those who want to learn how to ice fish or improve their current ice fishing skills. Most of all, it's for you if you just plain ol' want to have more fun this winter. These contests can also be used as a stepping stone to the I.C.E. Series.

Activities
There will be a seminar held each evening prior to the events start. On the 1st morning of the event we will all go out to a likely fish holding area. Once there, advanced ice anglers (pros-guides) will assist and teach participants basic to advanced ice fishing skills, tools, and tackle. We recommend you bring whatever ice gear you have or are comfortable using. There will be some tackle, rods, and shelters available for purchase at the events.

Once you are comfortable ice fishing and have your questions answered, all anglers will be competing for the biggest fish of each species used in the I.C.E. Series. Advanced anglers will always be available to help you improve your fishing upon request.

These events are meant to be a loose group of anglers who may venture further afield or socialize as they choose. Sharing information, finding new fishing buddies, and forming new friendships as you become part of the growing IceLeaders Family is all part of these events.

Format
We will start out to the fishing hole right after the I.C.E. Series Event starts each day and break for a meal at the midway point. The I.C.E. Series Amateur Contest will end 1 hour before the IceLeaders Challenge Event ends.

Cost is $10 per participant. Plaques will be awarded to the winners in the mens, womens, and child under 16 categories for each species.

See I.C.E. Series info for more information on dates, lake locations/headquarters, start and end times, seminars, species fished for, and safety issues. Click here.

We look forward to seeing you there.

We have four events scheduled on some of the top ice fishing destinations in the world.

Those lakes are:

Brainerd Area - Upper Hay Lake: December 21-22, 2002. Tourney Headquarters to be determined. Upper Hay holds a very nice population of 15 to 20-inch walleyes, in addtion to a fair mix of older year classes. Impressively large bluegills swim here also, and in seemingly strong numbers. Medium sized pike, crappies and largemouth bass exist in fishable numbers as well.
Upper Hay harbors moderately stained waters fringed by large shallow bulrush flats, expansive midlake cabbage beds, several pronounced hard-bottomed points that project well into the lake's basin and a number of shallow rock humps.

Wintertime effort revolves primarily around elusive schools of large black crappies. Walleyes, pike and bluegills provide overlooked, quality opportunities for skilled ice anglers too. It's one of those lakes that's full of fish. Yet due to a diversity and abundance of habitat, local anglers often categorize Upper Hay as one of those 'tough nuts to crack.'.

Lake Vermilion: January 4-5, 2003. Tourney Headquarters To be determined. This lake is famous for walleye, perch, nice pike, crappies, gills and both largemouth/smallmouth bass can be found here. We will fish this lake for hot early ice action. It can be fantastic fishing and the scenery is breathtaking.

Lake Minnewaska: January 25-26, 2003. Tourney Headquarters out of Northeast Outfitters in Alexandria. This is a good all around fishery and was chosen because of the recent high success rate within 1 1/2 hours of the metro area.

Upper Red Lake: Tourney Headquarters out of Hudec's Resort on February 15-16, 2003. This is one of the top slab crappie producers in the nation. This lake also contains some monster northern pike.

You may sign up for as many events as you wish. You will find experts there to help. The emphasis is on learning new techniques and having fun at these two day events.

This is a great way to get out and learn new leading edge ice fishing tactics and meet some great new fishing friends in the process.

We offer:

Many sponsor prizes at each event in the I.C.E. Series. So you have the opportunity to come home with great ice gear.