• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Hunting Reports....

Alright Tank and Jake that's great. Jay I know your sitting and standing when you can but I think it's a little age mixed in. Just standing on the flat pier and fan casting for a couple of hours my back just stiffens up so bad now. Good luck tomorrow guys...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Jake on his first deer smile. And to Tank aswell.

Our group of 4 saw many deer yesterdaygrin. I was the only one that went with out seeing anything in the morning sit. First shots were from Sean. 7:05am Boom.....one dead tree, 7:06am Boom a small racked 5pt falls. 8:07am Boom Brad touches one off at a small racked 6 almost 7pt, 8:10am Brad had reloaded his Muzzle loader and finished off his first ever buck. At 9am I went and got the kodiak and retrieved both deer for them. Both bucks weighed in around 120-125lbs. The late morning 2 man still hunt didnt produce anything. Ate some lunch and were back in the stands around 230. Had a small croch horn entertain me for about a half hour with many chances to put him down. But I want somethin a little more mature. At last shooting light as we are walking back to the house we hear the crack of Bryans 20ga ring across the swamp. Text message says Doe down. she weighs in at 105. No monsters shot but a good day for us. Total of 11 deer were seen by the 4 of us and 3 in the tree. Not huntin this am due to momma workin at 5am but hopeing to get to the stand this afternoon. Will have pics soon..

Cali

I shot a nice buck just before dark,he got up and ran in the thicket I got out of the stand to walk over and try to finish him off.That pushed him farther (I kickin myself in the arse cause I know better)Got to head into work to get the guys goin then go back and try and find him.

Nice job jake cool.You did better than the guy that was hunting out back of my house today.He shot a buck and wounded it, it ran between my house and my shed I was getting my boat motar stand out of the shed and this BIG 10 pointer runs past me at 10yds big deer and big horns I am guessing just shy of 170 class.I am deffinatly glad I don't hunt any more because I would be hunting guys that wound deer that makes me very madmad they did not get the deer its wounded and will die.

Thanks Tank. Its actually kinda wierd cause the 2 guys that shot these 2 bucks, were letting deer like this walk by all bow season. crazy..

Saw 2 decent bucks out in the field behind the house tonight. 1 was feedin and I dont think he knew the other was there. He Stood there and stared at the one feedin for the last 15 minutes of day light. I wont have to think about pullin the trigger on either of them..

Another week has passed and I have failed to put a deer on the ground. smirk. Not for the lack of deer thats for sure. Have seen deer on all but 2 outings, lots of small does and buttons and several good mature does that I just cant get the shot on. Took yesterday off the the deer woods and returned to the goose killing fields. Spent about 4 hrs in a picked corn field with a buddy. We shot our limit minus 1, on the geese and the ducks were taunting us all morning but would never come within in range.. Heading out for the deer again this afternoon.. Good luck to all who may be out..

2 more deer have fallen on the hill. This past Wednesday my buddy put what we beleive to be a 3 yr old buck on the ground. Decent body on him. As you can see by the pic, his right beam has been broken off just above the brow tine. His G3 on the left side is broke off along with the brow on the left. We were able to match him up to 1 trail cam pic which tells us he was an 8 point about a month ago. We have been seeing a (bullwinkle) buck in the swamp chaseing smaller bucks around and tearin everything up. He hasnt presented any of us with a shot to this point.. Yesterday am A doe was taken from a group of 14 deer that came from the top and worked thru to the lower end of the woods. Just one more week for the shot guns.

ATT00029.jpg

No doe tags where I am hunting and plenty of them to pull the trigger on . . .rats. But, muzzle is around the corner. Watched 2 doe and a buck from at least a quarter mile away bedded on an open hilltop surrounded by open fields. No permission to hunt there, but it was a learning experience never the less. Have a 12 point bullwinkle in the neighborhood . . .waiting, waiting, like everyone else. Dougnuts, are you in 7F? Have doe tag, will travel.

Bring the DMP's boys...with this snow and temps in the 20's, the Flatheads will be hearding up. There are still some decent shooter bucks up where I am. Only 1 6pt and my small buck came from behind. There has not been a single deer taken off my buddies land in Nelson. Friday night with the old Smokepole...I missed a monster Flathead at 90yds. I tried squeezing the shot between 2 trees. That was at 4pm...at 4:15pm, I missed another Flathead at 35 yds. I am going to wrapmy Thompson Center around a tree. Anyone want to buy it???

I am going old school now...Remington 870 with rifled sites and am going to empty it on any deer I see. Just Kidding whistle

If you want company this weekend let me know Doug, this has been the worst year for me ever and I just found out why I'm not seeing any deer. Talked to Mr. DEC on Sunday and come to find out that a father and son have been shooting deer at night the last 2 years now and they can't catch them in the act, seems they have taken well over 50 deer in 2 years. I told them that I was watching a few big bucks and they vanished along with a lot of the does and that's when he filled me in on it. They do have permission to hunt any of the land and the cops don't want to do anything but they keep calling to file the reports and build a case, seems one of the cops is a hunter and he told 2 of the guys if you see them by all means call us ASAP and we we will get there as soon as possible but if they have to they can try to take matters in their own hand but keep a big tree in between them and don't destroy any evidence or touch any of it... LOL I told him that's not the right way but to ask for his back tag and write his number down, then he can call the DEC and file an official complaint / charges.

That sucks . . .I have the same problem on some land I hunt above Lake Delta. Have even seen the evidence of beer cans next to a fence post the day after, with a butt print in the snow. And drag marks coming from the posted property! Doug I do believe you are in 7F since it is practically everything south of Oneida lake and Syracuse and west of Oneida.

Lee...you are more than welcome anytime to come out and harvest what you need. I only have 150 acres in my back yard and another 100 plus in Nelson whistle

I live in 7M Franky...you space cadet...I explained that to you last night. Oh, I forgot you were in the Preacher's Bar laugh

Lee, I saw a piece on the "Deer Jacking" on the news this evening. I am pretty sure it is exactly what you were refering to.

I got a call from "The Dark Cloud" around 4:15pm and I think we should be expecting a Photo Shoot of a Button Buck he hit with his snowmobile today whistle

Kyle...phone call on the way...we are still good for the Doe Fest. Jay will be joining the AW Household as well for the weekend.

Lee...send me your # @ [email protected]

Heres your button buck AW!!! lol

Well now im officially ready for the ice season!

We have been watching this buck all season and today he made a huge mistake! He has been about 95 percent nocturnal. Today I cought him sneaking between two bedding areas. Last week, the two days I didnt hunt we got him on trail camera around 4pm. And a few times back in archery season we had a few picts of him mid-day during the rut. About a 60 yard shot and he went down like a sack o taters...

040yx.jpg

004vz.jpg

009mq.jpg

Awesome...Awesome...Awesome smile

That is a beautiful Whitetail. Patience and dedication paid it's price for you...you couldn't smack the smile off of your two faces.(Thunder Quote) Priceless memories. Did Tank field dress it for you...seeing you got a bigger buck? I am sure Tank has a few Hogs in the rolodex. I think within our Crew, we have some venison for the ice this year.

Call me back Jay, I talked to CNY Kyle a few minutes ago.

Yep Tank was real fired up! He said he was on pins and needles all afternoon at the house, said he just knew the deer were going to be moving today.

It's kind of funny but we get as excited and probably more when the other one gets a deer. My greatest hunting memories are being there when he got anything... cool

Jay, nice Buck I am happy for you all the waiting and watching cool there is a place on the wall for him isn't there.They cannot stay nocturnal forever and at 60yrds good night did you blow the smoke from the end of yor barrel after you dumped him laugh Sweet wink good job.That rack looks pretty symmetrical.