• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Hunting Reports....

Way to go AW. I had 2 adult doe at 10yds last night but I wanted the bambi that was with them but could not get the right angle.

Thanks Tank...I am strictly going after young meat deer this year after sampling the 20 different goodies at "The Deer Man" with Todd this morning. Those guys have some bad arse stuff. Todd and I left full and with heartburn today. We also bought some great stuff for the road whistle

Thanks for the congrats all...I will probably end up with about 150 pounds of funky venison this year(Good Funky)in several different forms...Peace out ladies blush

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been kinda quiet in the woods around here. I hunted the last two evening which were absolutely perfect weather wise and never saw a deer till about 10 minutes before dark tonight. Had this buck at 15 yards but it was thick and dark, his lucky night...

AW - we are all in for sat, talk to ya later...

Taste the same dont they Cali...all taste like jerky!! smile

I have to agree Chris smile Unless I buy one of the many other flavors that high mountain makes grin.

Congrats on the deer Doug. I havnt been in a stand since opening weekend. Ive spent 8 of the first 10 days of the late goose season in the goose fields. Shot my limit 5 times and shot for other people the rest of the days. Total of 26 birds have fallen to my Benelli. Hopein to double that number before I leave for Colorado next Wednesday. Will be a week of no huntin out there so Ive gotta get my fill before then..

I'm feeling the full moon blues myself, hunted all weekend and put major time because everyone is saying the rut is suppose to be this week / weekend and I've seen nothing to support it on my turf. I took the 13 & 16 off because that's when it's going to happen. The only thing I saw all weekend was 5 turkeys and 2 does right at dark. I drive around at night (no weapons)and spot light some of my spots to see whats up and moving and all weekend and last night I saw only 3 deer.

Yea full moon blues is putting it nicely. Hit the fields again this am and low and behold!!!!! I got skunked. Even giving the birds just 1 day to rest they had me by the B* A *L *L* S this mornin.. Had one loner decoy in like it is supposed to happen and the rookie with me got tangled in his blind and couldnt get the shot off. That was the excitement for the day. Between the moon phase and the lack of wind today was the worst ive had since september..

Geez Jay...how high are you in that tree?

Don't fall big boy...I need you and Beth back next Halloween wink

I have been seeing deer "Johnny Big Time" coming out as early as 2 hours before dark. Another big shooter buck has moved in since the short tine 8 got whacked. He came by me this morning, scrapping the [PoorWordUsage]e out of the Hemlocks. He unfortunately did not come through my shooting lane mad

I will put my stand presence in FULL OVERDRIVE at the begining of next week. I have plenty of tags to fill and donate.

Got in my stand at 3:30 and filled one of my DMP's 40 minutes later. I am back at the house having a beer and giving her another 45 minutes. I double lunged her at 22yds.

I am going to need a bigger freezer. I still have 3 tags left to boot crazy

Later girls!!

Jay...give me a shout later. BTW, nice win last night. The first half, I thought we might have had a game wink

Great job Tank...we punched the release about 20 minutes apart smile

We are actually having FRESH Venison Stroganoff tonight. It is reducing as I type. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE the fall.

Talk to you later Jay...Tell Tank I said "whack 'em and stack 'em" and great job on the freezer stocking grin

Way to go AW . Whis was the first deer out of the new stand we hung this year. The new martin cheeta seems to be as reliable as the old bow. 2 shots and 2 deer down.This was my 93rd kill with the bow.

Great job with the Cheetah...Martin makes a great product.

I believe any new bow, with todays technology is, a great investment. Like DC always says...it's not the equipment you use, it's the Poor word usage behind the trigger shocked

Tank...like I stated earlier when YOU shot the first deer of the season...bring enough snacks for all on the ice!!!

Jay and I will have some treats when we meet on the ice. By the way AW isn,t it nice to experience what its going to like when you are able to retire. Hunt and fish just about anytime the mood strikes.

Yes it is Tank...but I would give anything in the world to be back in a productive kitchen again. I am a Chef and need to be in "My Zone" again.

I finally got my 3 dozen traps and Todd's 18 traps dyed and waxed today while getting all the leaves done...finally mad

I managed to get a few K-9 sets put in right before dark. I will be laying a bunch of steel tomorrow. All 2.5 dozen K-9 sets will be in and then it's off to the creeks and swamps for the Rat, Mink and Beaver sets put in. I should have about 5.5 dozen sets doneby the time it's tree stand time smile

Will post the catches as they come.

Had two nice mornings in the woods yesterday and today. Saw 3 bucks yesterday, 2 on a doe, and one just wandering.

This am I had a buck at 12 yards but he was either faceing me, walking away or stuff was in the way. I wasnt gonna take an iffy shot, i'll get my chances...

Thunder...I found that guy you know about 3 weeks ago...Jmd or something. I bought 3 doz traps,stretchers,duckbill stakes,lure,scent,Red Fox urine...etc.

I put a bunch of steel in the ground today plus put some time in the woods. The bucks are about 2-3 days from FULL RUT wink

"The Deer Man" finally got my first deer done and I will be picking up soon. Deer 2 will be back on Sunday. I put another receiver up today in a HOT bed for Monster Bucks. I hunted the set tonight and saw a rack for the ages. I am on a saddle between 2 swamps with a ridge/draw right where my stand is. This buck will go on the wall for sure. Probably one of the biggest I have ever seen in NY shocked

I will be checking my Trap Line in the morning after the hunt...hopefully, I will have some K-9's in my stes

Good job AW!

93rd kill wow! cool That's gotta be some kind of record, incredible. I am not a hunter but... but you can feel the passion behind your stories, you can tell you guys love it as much as ice fishing, problem is I can't do both.. frown

Jay's patience will be paying off shortly Good luck guys

Tuzzy - have you been out yet?