• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shore fishing tournament

Im a dumbass for asking but is there shore fishing tournaments of some sort. I dont have a boat and I(sturgeon) at fishing but id like to try something exciting i have fun fishing from shore and i try new and exciting stuff all the time just wondering. If so give me some info thanks

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

That is a good idea. We probably should have a shore fishing Contest or Contests next year.

What do the rest of you think?

For you shore anglers, you really should take a look at the Shore Anglers Companion as well as the Metro or Brainerd Fishing Guides at:

http://fishingmn.com/sportgood.html

yup i came up with a good idea lol , The reality is that i think shore fishing really tests your versatility and your experience,which i should add i have none but i am versatile so it would be exciting let me know if any of you think of doing this some time i probably wont catch anything lol but it would be a great experience for a beginner like me to learn from more experienced people tricks and pointers.

Well, well! Finally!

Up until a few weeks ago I have spent many hours on shore! YEs, I have rented boats and hopped on many a friend's, but shore fishing isn't always a snap.
I would be interested in helping out, at least providing some ideas for decent shore fishing spots!

One idea for a shore fishing touranment would be specie specific. Not a whole lot of shore spots, provide a BIG mixed bag of fish.
For example, one day could be for Carp, another for walleye or bass/catfish etc.

My 4 cents!

Good idea!!!!!! Not everyone owns or has access to a boat!!

HEck we could incorprate stream fishing as well! That is essentially "shore fishing".

Then I would have a chance against guys like ScottS and the like!LOL

Jim W

How about down along the Lake Pepin Rip Rap. There are plenty of good spots and there is great mixture of fish. Plus these are wide spread areas so every one could be togather.

I agree that a shore tournament could be a blast ... weather it was a specific species or multi species event. There are numerous places on the rivers or even metro area lakes that could provide ample productive water, and not to mention plenty of accessable shoreline for numbers of fisherman.

so what do you all think of trying it out set a date and place and have some fun out on the water. like you all said there are many metro lakes with enough space for fisherman to have a little outing once we start something and if we have support we might just make it grow bigger and better with time. Not to mention become more competitive and develop some friendships with fellow fishermen

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

USPENAMC,
name the date, time and place and we'll get it on the events calendar.

We can gradually grow it. Do it just for fun this year and we can plan a little better for next year and put some money into the pot for it and possibly prizes.

Shore fishing techniques can be learned and improved this way. Also, we'll get to meet a bunch of other fun anglers.

It is a good time for sure.

If it were to be inner metro lake I would give lake Calhoun high regards. Over 90% of the shoreline is ideal *shore fishing* structure and can yeild quality to impressive fish from just about anywhere. There are also a couple public fishing piers that are in good locations. There is ample parking and plently of open areas that could be used as a "base camp".

Local rivers and some of the metro's big round lakes would be perfect for this! I like all the ideas so far!
I'm mostly intersted in meeting some of the people I've been talking with this year on the forums, should be fun. I believe the more people you fish with, the better fisherman you become.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\