• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ideas for the winter events..please help

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

3 of the 4 lakes for the IceLeaders Challenge Events in Minnesota have been chosen.

They are
1. Mille Lacs Lake
2. Upper Red Lake
3. Lake Minnewaska
4. ????????

Dates will be decided in August.

I will be making the final lake choice around Thursday 8/1/02.

I need your suggestions before then, on a lake you know and please tell us why it should be considered.

Please suggest small lakes preferably under 500 acres, but can be bigger, up to 5,000 acres.

You do not have to be a participant in the I.C.E. Series to make suggestions.

Please fire away and give us some good choices to pick from.

Thanks all,
Rick

IceLeaders.com
The Leading Edge
We Have More Fun For Sure!!!!

Hi Grabs,
what I really want to hear is a lot of support for a particular lake and why?

There are actually more posts/e-mails by different people for outstate lakes.

To All:
I need information on your recommended lake and why it would be a good place for an ice fishing tourney (with respect to fishing).

Then dialog from those that follow the post.

Ok well I support a tournament on Waconia, because I think adding a metro lake to the league we give many others who don't have the time, money or expertise a chance to participate and get a feel for how much fun these events really are and how great the people are that fish these events.

Why Waconia, it is a medium sized lake around 3,000 acres, with a marina that plows roads to productive areas, and there are also other areas of the lake that others can escape and get off the beatin' path. The lake holds good numbers of walleyes and winter seems to be the best time to catch them, great numbers and sized crappies, and many pike also. Overall I think it has everything you guys are looking for in a medium sized lake, and it may give the league some added exposure that it sounds like you guys are looking for.

I like the Horseshoe Chain. You could have it on the whole chain or just certain lakes. It's close to the center of the state, but still within an hour or so of the cities. It's a great multi-species fishery with lots of nice panfish, walleyes & of course the cats. Throwing the cats into the mix would be fun! You can walk out or drive to some good spots. Vern

I would go along with Waconia. Great lake with a lot of variety. A bit of a haul for us north metro guys, but still not a problem. Another thought for "Metro" area lakes would be the Chisago area. Some pretty good ice fishing and easy access right off I35 a bit.