• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
sheepheadslayer

Anybody talk to there fur buyers yet??

Just wondering if anyone has asked the question about coon and rats this year. Are we gonna be able to sell them or not and what should a guy expect to get.

Hi Sheep,

I talked to one of our local expert trappers in Koochiching county & he is considering not trapping as the fur prices are so bad.

Sincerely,

Fishmeister

I had much the same news, maybe best to save our time for fishing. Prices sound like they will be much lower then, the end of the season. Which at that time if you could get $10.00 for a fox you best grab it.

Talked with the buyer today. Averages of $6-8 on coon will be the norm. Thats Skinned. Everything else down from last year except rats should bring the same. Prolly will just trap and see how things end up. Only 2 weeks out now.

Talked with the buyer today. Averages of $6-8 on coon will be the norm. Thats Skinned. Everything else down from last year except rats should bring the same. Prolly will just trap and see how things end up. Only 2 weeks out now.

Who is your buyer?

anyone have any idea what might be close as far as mink and rats this year?i haven't trapped for some years now and all my gear is ready to go,the last year i trapped i shipped 107 mink to canada and averaged $30 but like i say that was in the mid 80's..

Yotes, if you can find a buyer to buy them, take it. You looking at $3-$8 put up. Lots of buyers not buying coyotes this year.

Rats I heard might hold from last year prices of $4-$6 put up

Mink, I dont know what the prices were last year, but are suppose to be down

Just to let everyone know the prices I quoted were prices I heard from other trappers. Jigginjim, I dont know about this year (if we sell our fur this year) but last year we sold to Dusty Houghs by Barnesville MN. Who is your local buyer jiggin?

Its going to be tough at best. I checked on the NAFA HSOforum. I would be happy with $10 for a big put up coon, coyotes, fox, almost worthless. Rats decent 2-4 and otters 20-30 and beaver are supposed to be bad. Have 75 at the auction in Canada hope things turn around.

I'm not even gonna talk with my buyer til I bring fur in. I am just doing my thing. It's going to take 20 coon a day just to pay for the gas. I will be letting the runts go figuring I won't sell them anyway. If your trapping for the money stay home. Now if you plan to trap in yrs to comeyou better get out there and keep the population thinned on your lines to keep over population and disease from damaging future fur crops.

I just droped off 26 Montana and Western ND coyotes (top dollar coyotes). I will see what I get after work. I am guess I am going to be walking out with a long face

(top dollar coyotes).

They make those models in the first half of Oct??

Hopefully you'll get something for them. They put up, green or carcass? If you do $15 across the board green that would be fantastic for western yotes. I have a feeling most MN carcass yotes will be unbought/$5 this winter.

Alot of buyers that want to tan coyotes want Late Oct coyotes, due to the fact there are usually no flaws in the fur yet. They might not be 100% prime, but the fur is almost flawless.

He picked out my top 8 out of the 26, and gave me $5 for them. He said on an average year I would of got $20-$25 across the board for those coyotes. They were not put up. He said he doesnt have anyone looking to buy from him, thats why he only picked out the top of top in the bunch. He also said, hes not buying MN coyotes or any coyotes that have any sorts of flaws in the fur, and only buying good coyotes. I then asked him about coon, and he told me the coon market is going to be worse than the coyote market this season. Take it for its worth!

Thats sad. Oh well, you got a heck of a head start on me. I did get a double with my bow about two weeks ago bowhunting.

Trappingaddict, The guys I sell my fur to are out of willlmar area. Even todays outdoor news did put a very spin on the prices this year.

Originally Posted By: jigginjim
Trappingaddict, The guys I sell my fur to are out of willlmar area. Even todays outdoor news did put a very spin on the prices this year.

Johnson Fur?

I was going to post the same thing.

Johnson or Melby, both pay the same, depends on if I'm going to my brothers or not. My brother lives about 3mi. from Melby.