• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on Blackcloud Patternmaster chokes

I started to shoot Blackcloud late last season and thought it worked good. I am interested in purchasing a Patternmaster choke to try for late season mallards. I see Patternmaster makes one specifically for Blackcloud. Has anybody purchased this particular choke? Does it enhance your patterns at 40-50 yards? I would be purchasing the modified version.

I am currently running rem-chokes. They work well within 30 yards but I had a lot of cripples later in the season last year. Kept hammering them but no clean kills. I never shoot outside 45-50 yards, ducks only. Thought the Patternmaster would help clean up the cripples at that distance.

I shoot BC out of my browning gold and use the factory mod choke and it does quite well and also the factory mod in my 870 and thats even better. what size shot are you useing if your useing 4's early then step up to 2's late season that might help as well with those cripples

Would you please explain this theory alittle better, cuz for those of us, myself included that have the orginial patternmaster were always under the impression that the "lugs" that you speak of were intended to do just what your sayn there not supposed to?

The patternmaster for black cloud does not have the lugs. The wad in black cloud does the same thing that the pattern master lugs do with a regular wad. The end result is the wad separates from the shot string

I wouldn't spend the money on a choke that will do the same thing as a factory choke with black cloud. With other ammo the pattern masters with lugs do pattern tight and evenly out of most guns, but so have most of my guns with factory mod or full for steel.

Sooo,. It is worth $70 to try the Patternmaster specifically for Blackcloud?

I tried Black cloud this weekend and wasnt impressed at all. save the 70 bucks, and the $22 a box on the shells and skip both. As a matter of fact im probably gonna have 1 3/4 boxes of this ammo left after the seasons over if anyone is interested.