• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red river get together?

Thanks Ed! It was fun for Leah and I to exprience new waters with a pro like you. And its gonna take some doing for her to top her first channel cat, a nice 30" piggy.

Its like a party any time you can get together with Bayou Bill, Fishead, or Dark 30, good conversation, and great guys.

Bill thanks for the cat catalog, and I'm not exactly sure what you told Leah about Vita Del Mar, but she was looking it up on the net, dreaming about her winter vacation. smile.gif I will do the CD thing, I did it by mistake last year, but was glad I did, it sure is nice.

Looking forward to next year on the Red with Ed and company.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time!Time spent on the river is time well spent.Caught a few cats and walleye and tons of frogs!I even learned a new dance the "frog stomp".It was a blast acting like I was 10 years old again.Heck I think that may have set my bio clock back a few years!
It was good see every one,Sarge,Leah(I hope the name is right,It could get Sarge in big trouble),and BayouBill.
Thanks Ed for hosting and especially for the hospitality.
I am looking forward to next years frog stomp'n catfishin festival!

Sarge - good to meet up with you again also and Leah too - she sure seemed to enjoy the event. I've been trying to send you some cyber-mail but it keeps coming back to me,,, do you have a new or different addy? Shoot me a msg at [email protected] when you have time.

Vida del Mar - Leah and I were talking about the weather there in the winter months (our winter months)and different things to do in the Manzanillo, MX area. Maybe she wants to go for sail or marlin next .... no fish as powerful as a tuna however - pure muscle.

Going for salmon tomorrow ... till next go round remember To seize the moments and tight-lines <"))><.

BB-LDF

Thank's to all who attended the 2003 "Frog Stomp". We had a hoot!

Great food, good fish'n, (more or less) great friends swapping talk and brain Fart's. Lots of fun!

I was already 98% sold on the River Pro but now after we ran miles of unbelievably skinny water hunting cats.....it is more like in the range of 300% sold.

What an unbelievable rig for the multi-species river and lake angler, a tool that has a serious toy factor. grin.gif Man is that boat FUN to run! A River Pro is certainly a tool with a sharp edge!UFFFFF-DA!!

Next year folks........well..we may have new stuff to do at the "Frog Stomp". We will try to plan a fish fry and maybe some serious frog racing?

wink.gif

See ya then..or maybe even sooner!

Thanks again for making my B-Day a fun one folks!

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"
701-281-2300
[email protected]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Thanks Ed,
I had a great time at this years frog stomp weekend.

Caught plenty of cats and of course, Dennis was the Walleye King again. He also caught a nice smallie.

Ed also caught a dandy walleye. He decided to try the Ring-N Grub for a few casts and that walleye smacked it.

Ed will have a picture avasilable shortly smile.gif

I will have some as well.

I agree we need to work on a few details to make next years Frog Stomp even better.

Thanks again Ed and Happy Birthday again.

We had a good time! Nice to meet you, Ed! Lindenwood is a good campground and the river kicked out some co-operative roughs for the kids.
Dennis & Rick - thanks again for having my boy & I as your passengers.
We got the RivvaPo' back out by going north to the launch.

Peace ya'll!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."