• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Ok, just have a few questions for ya.

1) Are you still having the open day on Pokegama? I haven't heard anything about that for a while.

2)For the Vermilion tourney - is the tourney headquarters still at the campground, or will it be at Guidemans place as almost everyone is staying there?

3)Will someone be at tourney hdqtrs all the time so if I have a full livewell, am I able to go in at any time to empty out and get weighed - or is that only possible at designated times when everyone is to check in?

4)Once a fish is in a livewell, does it have to stay, or can you keep releasing smaller ones and putting larger ones in as you catch them?

5)If a muskie or large pike is pretty beat up or foul hooked and you need to release it right away - and a person is nowhere close to verify, what do you do to get credit for that fish?

6)Would a guy be able to bring an instant camera or digital camera to take a pic of a large fish so we wouldn't need to get another boat to come over and verify?

7)Just wanted to make sure I understood this - only 1 limit of fish per boat per day- does that mean one persons limit for 2 people(3 pike) or each limit for 2 people combined (6 pike)?

Yes - I am quiet Clueless when it comes to this stuff - so don't hold it against me guys! wink.gif These will be my first tournements - I am really excited to see how things turn out (how well I can measure up to you fishin' experts)lol

GullGuide - registration is in the mail.

Thanks,

Clueless - -

1. Yes

2. Guideman's Place

3. No, We will have a designated time half way thru day and then again at the end of the day.

4. Yes

5. Gullguide will discuss this in the rules meeting. This league strongly promotes catch and release and everything possible is done to ensure a fishes survival

6. See #5

7. Only 1 persons limit per day, per boat. i.e 3 pike, 6 walleye, etc may be weighed per day. This league strongly promotes catch and release and everything possible is done to

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 04-30-2002).]

Paul pretty much covered it.

As for #3, we fished the same hours last year and did not have a single dead fish at any of the weigh-ins, well, we did have one boat load but that was because their live well broke down. We are talking about 4 hours on the water, a one hour break then another 3-4 depending on the sunset/sunrise.

#5- That is what the cell phones/radios are for. There should be someone fairly close by and I would suggest trying to contact someone right away for verification. I also propose that we offer a 1 point bonus for any team who responds to a verification call (First team on the scene only).

#6- Since the point system is based on weight; it would be difficult if not impossible to use a digital cam. The ONLY way this would work is if you were to catch a muskie that was more than obviously legal size and you could show the measuring process. But if the fish is right on the mark or 1-3 inches over, I would suggest that you call someone so there is no question that the fish was measured correctly. Not saying we don't believe you, but I do not want any arguments or suspicions.

I'll also be emailing everyone with maps/directions to Guideman's place and any other last minute info.
Other than that, we'll see ya on Vermilion.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

Excellent Q&A, but number 4 was a two-part question that I didn't see a complete answer to. Was wondering the same thing. If a fish is put into a livewell, is it considered entered or can it be replaced by a larger one? Thanks for the help!

Mark
[email protected]

Good question.....
I looked through the entire MN fishing regs to make sure, and as long as you do not throw them on a stringer, which we do not do anyway, and as long as we do not transport them, which we do not do either, you can sort all you want. All tourneys do this. I know last year we did as well.

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

[This message has been edited by GullGuide (edited 04-30-2002).]

I believe you can only sort untill you have a limit.Once you put that last fish for your limit in the livewell you can no longer cull any fish of that species.So in effect you could sort up to two limits as long as your partner is in the boat.

Thanks for all your replies.

One more quesiton - Is Vermilion the only Muskie water out of the lakes we are fishing for the league?

Clueless - -