• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tourney & Events Winner Listing

Have you ever considered listing the winners equipment when you post results.
This way us manufactures can have a little competative fun.
Hail the day as the Tip N Jig will be the choice of the top ten.

Really good idea Alan, but I for one am not about to give free advertising to companies who do not sponsor this site or our tourneys. I use, as do others a vast amount of gear and equipment that is made by companies not affiliated with this site......yet.
By us making these events more fun and making them more accessable to the "average Joe", I believe that MANY companies are missing the boat on this one. Once they realize that this is a great way to advertise and so forth, we can start to use names of products while talking about winning strategies. We do already, with those companies who do sponsor this site and our events, such as Scenic Tackle.
If we begin to name everything we use, what is the incentive for these companies to spend advertising dollars here? Absolutely none, why pay for something you are already getting for free. But thats just MHO smile.gif

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

Thanx for opening the door. I really understand the endorsement/sponsorship world.
In the late 70's early 80's my job was a grandprix motorcycle factory rider. I come from a world where, after the race, someone else would change my cap and shirt before the next camera shot. Even the stickers on the tool towers were paid space.
Today, as a manufacturers agent we invest $200,000.00 plus plus plus (lot's of sweat)to manufacture and bring our product to market. And that's okay. It's what you put behind your hopes and dreams.
One thing I've noted is that manufacturers have too much on their plate. Their world is based on things like; ounzes of plastic per injection, machine speeds and such - Things you can touch.
Maybe we should create a manufacturers competion with in each event. One hour or so.
Where there's four seperate types of contests. One contest could be - ice fishing teams and within each manufacturers team there's a line of products huts drills, buckets, Tip N Jig,the whole nine yards.
The idea works like a pit crew race against time thing. A team of ?? headed by a pro guide gets the "Complete Ice Fishing Adventure Kit" from the shore to set-up and working on ice. This kinda thing pulls T.V. and if you want to pull public audience you put the "Complete Ice Fishing Adventure Kits" up for grabs via the TV stations who cover the event.
If we we get enough positive comments alanmunroe.com would launch a manufacturers challenge and e-blitz the manufacturing sector.
What say thee!