• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Todays game

harvey lee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Way too many blown chances for my Tigers, early. Your guy settled down and got the last 12 men he faced out. We wasted a good pitching performance. I notice you, twice, bunted, with weak hitting Punto to follow the bunter. Not critical, but I was glad to see the bunt in that spot. I hate the bunt, personally. There is a place for it, and we had one in the 9th, with Laird up. We had light hitting Inge up next. Didn't work for us either.

See ya, tonight.

Many small contributions in that first game that lead to the win. good to see delmon get the gwrbi to day. he's not had too many so good to see him make a contribution to a big win. Just goes to show that if a person can just put bat on ball instead of striking out, good things just might happen. strikeouts are kind of like leaving your putt short in golf; you have no chance of making the putt in golf and you have no chance of moving the runners in baseball.

How many times have we seen that? Score some runs to get close then give 'em right back. Frustrating aint it? But you gotta admit it's fun to be interested in the games this late in the season. I'll admit it, I gave up on them a couple weeks agp when we were 7 out.

Young's on to lead off the 9th...

Eddie Bonine lost a game a week ago after giving up two hits. No hitter into the sixth, if I remember right. Our pitching is a mess right now, Washburn was a complete disaster, comming from Seatle. He beat us a couple times, changes uniforms, then can't get an out. Galaraga has been a mystery most all year. Don't forget last week, after you win games started by Verlander and Porcello, then we win with Nate Robertson, on Sunday. We're hoping for similar results in game three and four, starting today.

Sure is fun, Good luck to ya, but I hope we win.