• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Have a great weekend

We did not get to fish this weekend but still had a great time. The daughter and grandkids came out. First we had to let them ride horses while Grandpa was spraying the weeds. Then we heard him start the boat so we hurried up and got everything ready - you know snacks, pop, toys etc. By that time he had it ready and we headed over to the lake. The kids got to swim a little (man to be that young again and actually think that water is warm) and we took a tour around the lake. The water level on Pelican has really risen. All that rain did some good. Then we headed home and cooked supper. Hopefully, next weekend we will get to fish. But a beautiful day on the water is good with or without a fishing line. And a boat that takes off right away and runs great makes it all worthwhile. Besides that we remembered to put the plug in. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

Phyll,

Are you talking about the Pelican that is by Detroit Lakes? If it is, I have never fished on that lake (don't even know if it's good fishing), but I have had a little fun with friends at the sandbar. smile.gif It's where I first learned how to ski actually. Anyway, just curious. Glad you hear you had a wonderful time!!! Sure was a great weekend!

<MattsGal><<

Hi Mattsgal: Yes, I am talking about the Pelican Lake that is south of DL. We usually go there because it is such a short distance and the fishing is usually pretty good. Then of course if the fish are not biting we can always enjoy the sandbar - that is if you can even get up to it because of all the boats! Or you can just drive around the lake and see how the other half lives. Pretty impressive homes I dare say. They had a tournament there last weekend, I think, but I did not hear how anyone did.

We are not real serious fishermen - if it bites we just tell everybody that is what we were fishing for. If they don't bite, well then we just went to the lake to go swimming! grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

Phyll,

The houses are unbelievable on Pelican! How about the huge one on the point? Barry's servant's house and guest house are bigger than an average house it seems! Very beautiful. Anyway, glad to hear you had fun out there despite all the boats! Happy fishing! smile.gif

<MattsGal><<

Hi Mattsgal: I'll bet he has more money in boating toys than most of us have in our homes, vehicles and boats all together!

Actually we have only been on the lake once this summer! Too cold, too windy and last weekend we had to put up hay for the horses. So maybe this weekend (the busiest of the season) we will get out.

------------------
Phyl