• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

coming out mea week ?

Lakes you seem to have it all figured out, but this cold wave is record cold and in a typical year ... ponds do not freeze this hard.

I would believe that the 20 - 25th is typically a little early for the big and final push, but location within ND also determines timing. In southern ND November has become the better bet ...

The key to hunting ND on the tailend of the migragtion is really timing. Lucky to be there when it happens or have friends living out there who call you and get you out there (if flexible work schedules allow).

This started as a MEA discussion. Remember many were planning on visiting ND because their kids were off from school.

Hey Brittman, I definitely do keep my schedule open. I have a lot of friends in the area I hunt in North Central ND who farm. They have not even started seeing many of the snows or northern mallards yet. That is really what I love to go after, although they say the resident Canadas and more and more migrant Canadas are stacking up in the area I hunt daily. I've been told a lot of big water is still open. With Saturday predicted in the 50s,& 60s for Sunday in that area, & weather in the low to mid 40s heading into the weekend of the 23rd, most of those small potholes will open back up and I'm guessing likely draw some of the migrant birds if they are in a desirable location. I understand this post started as an MEA post, but like most posts on this HSOforum, it has taken a twist by some people posting wondering about bird #s. I'm just providing the information I've been seeing and given in my research.

With temps projected not to reach above 40 until Saturday I seriously doubt you're going to see the smaller sloughs opening up until late Saturday / early Sunday. The big water for sure, but the smaller to itermediate size sloughs not till next week.

It will be interesting to see what next week will hold; the trend appears to be a cooling one again, although temps are projected to be above freezing for highs.

marine_man