• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's Fishing Opener?

How many of you Gals are going out to fish opener?

Hubby and I will be going up on Friday and spending the whole week. The following weekend we fish in his companies fishing tournament. Thats always a lot of fun.

Lets hear about how your opener went!!

<><Mary><>

Hi Mary,

Yes, my boyfriend and I are planning on fishing lake Waconia for opener with another couple. Sounds like we are going to fish all day and into the night...and then have a bonfire. If you make it to Lake Waconia smile.gif come join us at Harms Point....otherwise good luck. I'll let you know how we did. Happy fishing!!

<MattsGal><<

HI MattsGal, I'll be fishing at Tetonka Lake in Waterville. I really enjoy the Opener. We aren't the diehards that run out at the stroke of midnight, but we will be out there some time in the morning. So far the weather forcast sounds good. After Friday I won't be on the computer again until the 22nd of May. We are going to be on vacation for a week, but I will let you know how I did when we get back. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you did at that time.
The Best Of Luck <><Mary><>

Hello Ladies: We have not even got the boat out yet. This is a first for us - not making the opener. But we have been so busy and it is so cold that I think I will wait for the sun to shine. Good luck to all of you!

------------------
Phyl

Well gals,

I didn't exactly get out much for the opener except for 25 minutes before work. I did catch a few fish though...but still haven't mastered the art of baiting a hook...especially with leeches! I'm working on it. smile.gif

How did you all do? Where did you go?

Happy Fishing!

<MattsGal><<

Hey Matts Gal = I don't do leeches! I will put anything else on, clean them, cook them whatever but I don't care if I never catch another fish I will not put on leeches. They remind me too much of blood suckers when I was a kid. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

Phyl!

That is EXACTLY what I told Matt! They remind me of the movie Stand By Me...not something I want to even think about touching! I have finally become okay with baiting everything else, but I just can't get myself to bait the leeches! Even if they aren't blood suckers...they are still super disgusting!! smile.gif

I haven't cut a fish yet either...soon enough...

Joni

Hey Matt's Gal:
Just use some other kind of bait and maybe you will catch a bigger one than the pro!

I have been cleaning fish since I was a kid so that is not a problem. At our house if you fished, you cleaned and baited your own hook or you stayed home. But try those electric knives - they are great. I personally like the one with the shorter blade. Seems like it just works better for me. Must be my dainty hands. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

Hello Gals,

We got out a little on Opener, but mostly after opener we did our best fishing. I caught fish every day we were up at the camper. Mostly not keepers. I didn't catch a Walleye over 12 inches long. We did manage to get in to some Crappies a couple of times so we did get to eat fish.

Last Saturday we fished in our yearly fishing frenzie my Hubby's company puts on every year. Hubby caught 2 Northren 1-6lbs and 1-4 lbs. He also caught a Crappie that weighed a 1 1/2 lbs that was the biggest Crappie I've ever seen. I caught a bunch of smaller Crappies and had a hard time keeping the sheap head off my hook. We ended up with winning $50.00, a grill and another new tackle box.

Oh you girls. I use to be the same way about leaches. Now I'd rather put a leach on my hook then a night crawler. They are so much cleaner. I'm just never really sure just where to hook them.

Happy Fishing Mary