• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where are all my fising gals at?!

Where are all my fishing gals at? Let's talk!!

Anyone know of any good resorts? I am kind of a newcomer to this fishing thing...but I love it! I would like to get away on a little vacation...maybe up north...any suggestions?

HI MattsGal, There are so many great places to go up North I wouldn't even know where to start. My dream vacation would be to go to Rainy Lake and rent a house boat for a week. I've never done that before and have only driven by there once many years ago.

For the last 5 years my DH and I have stuck pretty close to the Waterville area because we have a seasonal camper there and I really like that area.

Where ever you decide you want to go you can get lots of info on here. I think every area thats fishable is covered on here.

A word of advice. Most places fill up fast. Some even years a head. I'd make your decision soon and get your reservations made.

Let us know where you decide to go.
Have A Good Day <><Mary><>

I agree with Mary, I would love to do the houseboat thing on Rainy River. But other than that, because we always have to be home to feed critters we just fish locally. Someday maybe we will get to go for the big ones.

------------------
Phyl

If you want to go to a nice resort up north, try Morningstar in the Cass Lake area. It is located on lake Andrusia, which is a great walleye lake and also holds muskie. You can access Cass lake, Kitchi lake, Pike Bay and Allens Bay all from Andrusia if you're willing to travel by boat. There are also several other good lakes in the area. Little wolf is a very fishable lake that sprouts about 2 weeks earlier that other area lakes and is a muskie brood lake with a 50" size restriction, but you are almost guaranteed a hook-up if you stay in 12-18ft and troll a diver. Walleyes are plentiful also in L.Wolf. You can put in at little wolf resort for $5, the public is not advisable. Tell em JJ sent ya over. That is also a nice resort if you are not looking for alot of resort based entertainment. If you want to fish the Bemidji area, I say go to Taber's bait and resort in town. it is not on the lake, but Ron and Pam are great and you can hit several area lakes like Bemidji, Julia, Pike Bay, Big Bass, Irving,Plantaganette,Big lake and Turtle. Be sure and tell Ron and Pam that I sent you. Have fun and practice C&R, let 'em live to fight again!!!

Hi Gals,

Doesn't look like we are planning any outings in the new future, but it's great to know where to go in the event we do start planning. Thanks for the info though! I appreciate your replies.

<MattsGal><<