• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are you up to?

It has been awfully quite around here this winter. So what have you ladies been up to? I am trying to get some horse show clothes sewn but I was having a hard time staying inside today since the sun was actually shining. I went for my first outdoor walk today - sure is better than the treadmill!

------------------
Phyl

HI Phyl,

It was a great day here also I went out and did a little raking. I have lots of Tulips coming up. I just hope the weather doesn't turn bad and freeze them out.

Yes it has been very quite here over the winter. I just been keeping myself busy and waiting for warm weather to come.

Took a drive up to the camper last Sunday to make sure it wintered ok. That just made my Spring Fever even worse then it already is. If the weather stays nice enough we are going to start going up to the camper a lot earlier this year.

I spent most of the winter crocheting. I even made a wall hanging for the camper with 2 fish and a heart in the middle. LOL!

Take Care <><Mary><>

I saw my first robins today when I was out walking. Hope they brought their sweaters with them just in case!

Mary do you or anyone else know where a person could buy leather hides for sewing with? Our Tandy closed here and no one in Fargo carries leather.

------------------
Phyl

phyl. what kind are you looking for? i had several deer hides done years back and never used them for anything. i gave them to my daughter and they are in her closet. would you be interested ? i doubt she has any plans for them. del

Hi Del!
Actually I am looking for lambskins to sew on shirts as a decoration. But I know someone that might be interested in the deer skins if you know what you want for them I can check for you.

------------------
Phyl

Sorry Phyl I have No idea.
del, I seen your post and I'm being as patient as I can be. I think the lakes are going to open up soon with this nice weather we have been having. I'm sure the rain and thunderstorms we had today will help also.
<><Mary><>

Hi Ladies,
I'm a newcomer to this HSOforum. I'm also a newcomer to fishing. I caught my first bass this summer which was really exciting and just the other day we went out on Lake Waconia and couldn't pull out the fish fast enough! The second our line hit the water we either had a crappie or bass hooked! It was amazing...and what a beautiful day too! I'm looking foward to rest of the season!

Hey Mattsgal welcome to the site!!! Sorry I have not been on here much but have been way too busy! My daughter is moving and I have now become a painter, carpet layer, vinyl floor layer, babysitter, curtain maker and garbage hauler. We still are not done with her house and I am way too far behind on my own house. I just realized the other day that opener was getting close. We have hay stacked where the boat goes so I have to get the guys busy moving hay and putting up the shelter for the boat before we can pick it up. But then with our crazy cold weather I guess I am not in a hurry. I don't care if the fish don't bite - just give me a 75+ day with sun and I am ready to head out.

Hope you stick around here - we need all the gals we can get.

------------------
Phyl

Thanks for the nice welcome! I don't get out fishing everyday like my boyfriend...actually don't care to go that much, but I've already had my fair share of fishing action this year. Went ice fishing for the first time this winter and have already been out numerous times with Matt on Lake Waconia. I really enjoy it...there is an almost peace with it...also gives you a great time to think, relax, and enjoy the weather....AND spend time with your significant other. smile.gif

Hope you all enjoy this weeks weather....looks like it's only going to get better!! Hope to chat again soon.

<MattsGal><<

Phyl~

I notice you are from Hawley...not that this has much to do with it, but I went to Concordia College in Moorhead with a lot of people from Hawley. smile.gif Are you familiar with the college? Know anyone personally who went there?

<MattsGal><<