• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Getting my wife involved in fishing/boating etc..

To the moderators of this forum. First let me say that the "trolling humor" link is hilarious. Also, are there any classes or clubs that my wife could look into, to learn more about fishing, boating and boat control, etc.. We recently got married and will hopefully be purchasing a boat in the spring. I am a very avid outdoorsman and she loves to fish and has even expressd interest in going to gun training with some of her friends. Other than putting bait on a hook under a bobber, I would like to teach her, or have her around other fisherwomen to teach her the how to's of C & R, presentation, weather patterns, peak fishing times etc.. She always likes to know the "why's" of these things. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks much.

There are several class's for the MN Sportswoman that pop up from now and then. I am not 100% sure but check the DNR web site to see if they list any there.

I see special womans sportsman's clinics advertised now and then ranging in interests from bow hunting to fishing.

There is a womans sportsman coalition in MN and in other states. I have seen web-rigs dedicated to the woman angler and there needs too. Try a web search, you will be amazed at how many womans clubs and such there are in the nation.

The fastest growing demographic in the fishing and sporting world is the Female Angler. You can bet that has not escaped the eye of the big sporting companies!

You now see major sponsored woman in the PWT and the RCL, Like Julia Davis for one. The big money sponsors know woman buy more now then before, so they are finally paying attention to woman in the competitive fishing world.

And Ya know what I say..You Go Girl! It's about time!

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300

Hi Yeti, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, but I was up at the Lake for 12 days fishing. Got to get as much in as possible before the snow starts falling. Its great that your wife shows some of the same interests as you. I'm not sure about any classes. I personally don't belong to any, but there isn't any in my area that I know of. Do the web search like Ed said. There is a lot of information out there such as books, magazines and videos. One of the best places to go to learn about fishing is right here. Have her join in here. In the winter Hubby and I go to sports shows and there are always fishing siminars put on by fishing pros that are interesting.
Good Luck <><Mary><>

I have been scratching my head about this and it seemed like someone mentioned a course in MN some time ago. But I have not had to time search and can't remember what it was (no suprise) so maybe you might want to try searching in some back topics.

------------------
Phyl

Ron Schara's(Minnesota Bound)had a bit about a womens group that teaches outdoor sports. From shooting guns & bows, to fishing and winter camping. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the group :-( maybe you can check the Minnesita Bound web site for information. good luck

http://www.mnbound.com/

[This message has been edited by fubar (edited 10-06-2003).]