• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Has Been Great !!!

I just got home last night from a 11 day stay up at my favorite Lake. The fishing so far this year has been just great. The Lake is just full of White Bass so you can go just about any where and find fish to catch. My oldest daughter and her 3 daughters came up for a few days so I took them out trolling for White Bass. I knew they hadn't ever trolled that much and knew they would catch fish. It was a blast! They got so excited when the fish hit the lures.
<><Mary><>

Hey Mary sounds like you are having a great time! We have also had really good fishing when we have been able to get out. Between the rain and the whitecaps and the boat in the fix it shop we did miss a few days. I did catch my first white bass this summer and we have caught two 2#+ smallies which were really fun. But then I got just as big a kick out of my 3 inch perch I caught yesterday. Tried to tell the husband I should get the award for catching the largest bait. We tried three new spots on the lake yesterday. Caught one bass and it seemed like everything went wrong. Husband caught the trolling motor, my line wrapped around itself again and again and again, the glove compartment locked (with the sunscreen in it) and the key was the one that the fixit guy threw out when he put in a new starter. We looked like Laurel and Hardy out there with sun burns. Some days it just does not pay to do anything but sit in the sun. grin.gif But we went back to our old hole and caught 10 fish in about fifteen minutes and then beat feet for the dock because the black clouds were rolling in. We got the boat on just as the rain hit and it seems like it is never going to stop. Must be a big hole in the clouds this week. Well, take care and keep having fun - that is what it is all about.

------------------
Phyl

Phyl, Sounds like you have been having fun this year. We havn't had much rain down this way. Sunday it rained and again last night. The Lake we fish could use some rain it is getting a little low. We'll be headed back up to the Lake for the weekend and the week after the 4th we will be spending the whole week. Hubby is taking vacation I can hardle wait. Its so hard to be home in the summer time. I'd much rather be up at the camper and out fishing. I guess I have to come home every once in awhile to play domestic goddess. Its funny how the house work and laudry waits for me to come home. Today I'm going to make some of them wooden little fisher boys that sit on a post. I have one sitting on my deck in front of my camper and eveyone admirs it and says I sould make some to sell up there so I'm going to give it a try. Take Care and Happy Fishing <><Mary><>

Hey Mary you just need to hire a house cleaner and then you won't even have to go home. Give hubby the phone numbers of all the take out places and you are all set! grin.gif

Well, we have had 4" of rain again this weekend from Sunday until this afternoon and it is thundering out now and the radar shows more coming our way. Sure glad we live on the very top of a hill.

Those little fishing guys sound really cute. Do they look like Backwater Eddy? (just kidding, I know nothing could be that cute! grin.gifgrin.gif)

You are lucky to have your own place. My hubby is hauling hay over the 4th which means no fishing for me. I had a friend lined up to go but now she is taking care of her granddaughter. But the lakes here are so crowded over the 4th I am not sure it is worth it.

Catch a big one for me!

------------------
Phyl