• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We Had A Great Fishing Weekend

Hubby and I fished Saturday and Sunday and boy did we ever have good luck. I think we caught every speicies of fish that are in that lake except Bullheads thank goodness. Are the fish bitting this well all over? I can't wait to get back and fish some more. I think I'll go up a few days early this week just so I can go out by myself. Don't get me wrong Love fishing with hubby, but also like being by myself and going just where ever I want and staying in a spot as long as I want. The bad part is I'll have to clean my own fish. Oh well I can do that, but I might be a lot more picky on what I keep if I keep at all. Well I hope every one is having great luck. Happy Fishing <><Mary><>

Mary,

Yep fishing this past weekend seemed pretty darn good. I was at a kids event on Monday and we had a blast! Slammed the big bluegills and sunnies. Wow was it fun... Kids had a blast too. I had a pair of 4th grade girls in my boat and when I asked what they wanted to fish for during the day one of em said. "Muskies!" weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Too bad no muskies in the lake. frown.gif So we settled for bass and panfish! Fun anyways

Happy Fishing smile.gif
Chev

Well that was just great Chev I hope they got hooked on fishing. Ya to bad they couldn't have caught a big Muskie, but pan fish are fun to.
<><Mary><>

Mary,

Yeah fishing with kids is so much fun. Not really sure why more people don't do it. It was a Dare program. Their motto is "Get Hooked on Fishing, Not Drugs." smile.gif One kid I had one year told me that his brother does drugs and fishes... :o

That pretty much does it for kids fishing events during the year. Can't wait till next year.

Happy Fishing smile.gif
Chev

We did not go last weekend but have had good luck on the two weekends before that. We were catching as fast as we could get the hooks in the water and caught 3 really nice smallies.

But, on Memorial Day weekend when we got to our favorite spot there were boats all over it. So, we just stayed on the outside and fished around the edges. There was a young couple (right in our spot-for shame! grin.gif)with a little boy about 5 or 6. He was catching fish like crazy and was so excited he could hardly stand it. We trolled by and the mom saw us laughing at him and she holds up this little sunnie and says "you better fish by us, we are catching 10 Pounders". According to the little boy everything was at least 10 pounds. He was so cute. The last thing we heard was "This is so much fun dad. I have never had so much fun - can we come back next weekend?" We had as much fun watching and listening to that little guy as we did catching our own fish, and poor dad now knows how to bait a line and take a fish off in record time.

------------------
Phyl