• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

stress

last week my husband found himself in ICU for 2 days!! we thought it was a heart attack!! it was the worst week of my life!! turns out his heart is undamaged, and he was in due to stress!!

reasons:

-house renovations

-his uncle staying with us

-uncle failing miserably at building him a steel trailer for our quads.

outcome:

-house renos are now in the hands of a contractor

-uncle is moved out

-trailer is now in the hands of a licensed welder, and although it will cost way more than we thought, it will be done right ;-)

-quit smoking

-eating better

-exercising

hopefully he's on the right track now, and no repeats of this to come!!!

what do you do for stress in your life?

Sue

Sue,

First its great there was no damage to your husbands heart and second its great your husband has changed his lifestyle.

Stress relievers for me include working out each morning before work, eating correctly which will help relieve stress and of course, fishing and hunting. Taking some time off during the week and catching up on things that seem to get crammed into the weekend helps every once in a while as well.

Good luck

I think many of us relieve our stress down in "silly town". The outdoors thread allows us to vent sometimes.

Now if the rest of those foolish people would read what we say, and not get so confused with what they want to believe instead of the real issue, we would really be calmed down. laugh

At least you found out what was causing the problem and took action to correct it.

Sue its great to hear that the hubby will be OK. I know how much stress can get to a person when there are too many jobs and not enough time. Get him out in the woods to scout for hunting spots or join you for a photo excursion and just plain forget about those "jobs" that have to be done. Like they say no one has ever wished that they had work more when they are laying on there death bed.

Good to know he's doing better! I understand the stress thing too...it's been messing with my health as I have A LOT on my plate at the moment. Hopefully he keeps the changes up. Makes me realize I need to do something too.

UUUHHHHHGGGGG, Stress.....

I am on the second night of having to wear a Holter Monitor to watch a heart condition. Quite possibly brought on or agrivated by stress. Between work issues, finding a place to live, my daughter starting school smile , her figuring out that mommy and daddy will never be a "family" again, me going back to school eek, and everything else, the old stress bag is getting full. I think this thing (the monitor) causes about as much stress as it is supposed to be looking for(it itches like crazy). Add to that the dietary changes I have had to make over the last two weeks(stinking er doctors), ONE cup of half caff, no other caffiene, no candy, NO alcohol! man I need a beer.

I did get a "prescription" to do more hunting or fishing. More like a stern verbal lashing from an ER doc who lives with the same heart issue I "likely" have. I asked him to write it down so I could use it at work to get some needed Ely time in, he said no... frown "find a way to releave more stress"

It all gets better in the long run right? Thats what I'm going with anyways.

thanks everyone for your replies!! I see issues of stress is indeed a "life" thing,, it's how we deal with it that becomes the problem. in a perfect world it's not an issue, but unfortunately our world is less than perfect, but your right,, we do make it our problem(s) frown

Mike is doing much much better, but he does get all excited about the house renovations, s'pecially if they aren't goin as planned... he's out of town all week, which I think is a good thing (for him) he's on the phone with me daily, I miss him, but at least there he's only focusin on his job. As for his eating and exercising,,,,,,,,,,,, well that's out of my hands now, I send off a bunch of food for him,, with directions on what to eat and when to exercise,, lol think he'll heed?? prolly NOT. shocked ah well, that too is "life"

as for me? well our contractor was supposed to be here Monday, and never heard a word,, I didn't want to leave the house to go for a photo shoot in case he did come,, so I was uptight.. Tuesday rolls around, still no contractor, no call. he pops in after lunch to say he's been busy and took a few measurements and looked at what needed doing,, said he would be by Wednesday. well he must be a very very busy boy,, he never showed yesterday either!!! so I was getting all stressed about it, and dealing with an upset husband on the telephone,, when I said to Mike "he knows the job is to be done by the time the snow comes, he'll get it done (this contractor has a better than average reputation) we have to wait another 2 weeks for our entrance door, so perhaps it'll all work out in our favour"

no worries!!

as for the smoking,, I have had a few slips, but Mike has been smoke free!! woohoo!!

Sue

I live on stress......work/and life in general

but three things that help me

1.Paxil.............good stuff.thanx doc.

2.The outdoors lifestyle,a day on the lake is good medicine

3.Taking ten mins.each day to meditate and force out all the bad things that have happened during the day,I purge out the negivite thoughts and move on from there.

I have a pretty stressful job, and the past couple of months has been incredibly stressful dealing with lawyers, custody issues, and the result of my daughtor moving to tennessee, etc.

-Sometimes you need to just swallow hard and move on

-At times I need to learn when to say "I don't give a F"

-Sometimes it's best to just bend over and bring a bottle of lube,

-When i'm extremely stressed, heart pumping...chest hurting, i will go for a run, play bball, lift... something to take my mind off of the stress, and exuberate myself to be too tired to be stressed.

-I also enjoy countless hours of fishing and hunting!@!! NO STRESS IN THE BOAT!

..Deep breaths and find a happy place! laugh FInd something to laugh about.!