• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its Getting Closer

Spring Is Getting Closer. Only 10 more days to the first day of Spring. The weatherman says 60's for this weekend I hope he is right. Maybe if we are really lucky the ice will come out a little earlier this year.

We went to the Sports Show in Minneapolis last weekend. We took the plunge and possible bought a brand new 20 ft pontoon. Its a Northwoods Fish and Party. It has 2 live wells. Lots of room for all the kids and grand kids. I also got a Leech Lake filet knife. Even went to a seminar by Babe Winkelman. It was a great time. Now come on warm weather I'm almost ready for it.
<><Mary><>

I am PAST ready for warm weather! I am getting really sick of this cold, and setting records for cold temps.

Congratulations on that new pontoon Mary! Sounds like a great way to spend the summer.

------------------
Phyl

We are seeing snow not blackbirds! Wow I think we had spring about a week ago on a Sunday and it has been downhill ever since. But the good news is after this weekend it is suppose to get better and believe me I AM READY!!!!!

------------------
Phyl

Yes the Red Winged Black Birds came threw a couple weeks ago. Yesterday it snowed and there is more in the forcast, but at least we know it is the last of it. Soon we will be back out on the water. I can't wait.
<><Mary><>

Maryjl: Do you and your husband still spend your summers in the Waterville area? I do not get down that way very often since Mom died a couple of years ago. Are Bullhead Days still a big thing in Waterville? I grew up in New Richland. Do you fish Elysian at all? When I was a kid, Elysian was very fishable from the shore, and we were able to do quite well some nights. We had to be carefull, because we were in enemy territory.

fishinphyl: I notice you are from just North of DL. Do you ever get down and fish the Crystal-Lida chain of lakes? We have had more snow in the last 2-1/2 weeks, than we have had collectively, the whole winter. Every time I think about moving the boat to its' summer spot in the garage, we get 4-5 inches more snow. The ice on the lakes over here is still white-spot deep on a tall elk. We may have open water sometime in August.

196thdlr-Actually I live south and west of DL by Rollag. We have fished Lida once, but our boat is pretty heavy and the prop sits down low in the water and the rocks were so close to the surface that it was pretty nerve racking. We usually go to Pelican, Big Cormorant, Little Cormorant, or Maude. I know a lot of people do really well on Lida and maybe sometime we will try it again since we now have a trolling motor and could just use that to navigate the lake with. We have never tried Crystal but you never know where we may end up. Usually depends on the weather and the wind. We are not picky - just like to fish! Hopefully soon!!! grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

DLR, Oh yes we still spend most of our summer in Waterville. We don't fish Eylsian or any of the other lakes very much. We pretty much stick to Tetonka cause our boat is always in the water there. We use to take a week and go all around to the other lakes, but last year the only time we took our boat to another lake was when we fished a tournament over at German & Jefferson. We drive by Elysian a lot though. I've heard they have some nice Walley's in there. Oh yes Bullhead Day's is still a big thing in Waterville. When we go up to the camper we drive by New Richland. We go up high way 13. A couple of years ago hubby bought a 40 Dodge from a guy in New Richland. The ice has been out of the area lakes for about a week now, but with the cold and snow we have been having the last couple of days its probably coming back again. The weatherman says we could get up to 5 inches again tonite I hope he is wrong.
<><Mary><>