• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to fish?

Hi everyone. I'm from NE and would like to bring my family up to MN fishing. I have no idea where a great place to start is.We want to come up in July. I think were looking at the Otter Tail country.Any good resorts? This is my 2nd year fishing and I'm really excited to come up there. All I ever catch is small blue gills around here. I probably will flip if I catch something big up there.

Jmerrill,If you plan on the Ottertail area, give Pine To Praire Fishing Guide Service a call. It's listed in the Mn. guide page. Paul is a friend of mine, I'm sure he could rec. a good resort in that area.

------------------
Old Guide Charters
Lake of the Woods
http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/
Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

I don't know that area, but if you wanna try to move up in size - work the rivers. Anything near larger water, or that tributaries into a larger river. My boy is 4 and just last season added smallmouth, 4lb northern, and a 6lb carp to his resume. All on rivers. Enjoy your trip and welcome to the forums.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

If so inclined, might want to come up this way, lake vermilion area....and the Ely area...lots of fish, things to do, good guides and resorts...some pretty wild countryto explore...cant go wrong...good luck and setthat hook!

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158