• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can you have too many windows in a deer stand

adamr

Im building a 8x10 deerstand 14 foot up gonna put 3ft tall glass allmost all the way around. but will that let the deer see me way to easy too or can I paint the back walls dark to help hide me and 3 kids eating chips up there?

I don't think you will have a problem with the deer seeing you. We just put up 3 of these and had some problems with the windows. If it is cold, the kids will want the windows up, so you will have to find a way to get the window up when a deer walks by. We have one stand where the windows all slide laterally, one where they slide down, and one where they hook to the ceiling. The sliding ones seem to work best. There is not enough room to sit comfortably with 3 in the stand and swing the window out to hook it to the ceiling without standing. One other suggestion I have for you is to anchor some boat seats in the stand. These are great for comfort and can also lift and lower with the pull of the lever. It is also nice to be able to rotate without having to stand. Good luck!

We try to stagger the windows so one side is higher than the opposite side so the deer can't see something different. Alot of times it will make no difference but you are in their living room and they will sometimes notice a shape (of a person or a head) that is not supposed to be there. I think it is best to use the smallest openings you can.

In my new 8 by 4 stand with 6.5 ft ceiling, I have once window on each wall. Each window is 10 inches tall and the length of each wall. The windows are 4 feet up from the floor. I got sick of sitting in the cold and shivering for hours, so I will be sitting in warmth all day now.