• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gordie

Photos of the young guns

This was a proud papa day as my oldest(Joey the fisherman and now Joey the duckslayer) shot them up he downed six birds and we retrived 4 kinda bummed about the 2 lost birds but that happens dog couldn't even find um

007-9.jpg

003-10.jpg

my yougest didnt want to shoot today but he want the photo op

005-8.jpg

Very nice photos elwood. I"d be a proud papa too. I'm taking my 9 yr old daughter out tonight in the deer blind. I'm hoping to take a doe for the freezer.

my first youth day hunt about 9 years ago...32 shots, 1 teal! haha a day i will never forget! never seen my dad laugh harder or my dog more frusterated. congrats to your sons!

Not exactly a youth hunt but its a start. William is 11 months old his birthday is Oct 4...yes duck opener.

Warming up the Pauls calls "pit boss"

007.jpg

Setting the decoy

004.jpg

Scanning the sky

009.jpg

Looks like your son had a great time! Me and some other guys took 5 guns out on a public wheat field that was holding a bunch of ducks for a few days.

We were all set and the birds started pouring in at the crack of dawn and the older youths had to go through a box of shells each, but they had a great time, fun to see the mallards working the spread. They ended up with 4 mallards, 2 geese. All in all, a great time.

I'm starting to wonder if I was this bad of a shooter when I was their age! grin

IMG_0791.jpg

we only got to hunt for an hour and a half due to football practice (saturday, I know its BEE ESS)

he missed 2 mallards missed 2 teal,but killed one teal on a shot harder than the ones he missed...go figure.. Must be rusty, cause normally he shoots better than some grown men I know..

Dog got to retrieve her fist duck ever, anyways

photo-3.jpg

photo2jpg.jpg

we only got to hunt for an hour and a half due to football practice (saturday, I know its BEE ESS)

thats why i quit.. ther was a game last year on dove, goose, ywd, duck and pheasant opener! there are a few on the openers this year also.. nice pics and its very rewarding to see a young gun get their first duck!

..it was the dogs first duck, my son has got a few years hunting under his belt, though you probably wouldnt have guessed if you would have seen those mallards he busted AT

I took out my neighbors 2 boys and there father. A 10 and a 12 year old.There dad hasn't been waterfowl hunting since he was a kid. Took them out to a nice public slough and had a blast. They were a little skittish to shoot at first seeing all the ducks. Eventually with some advice and encouragement they started pluckin away. I was in aww seeing those boys make some impressive shots. Ended up with 2 teal,1 drake woodie, merganser, and a banded drake mallard! There dad was soo enthused that he's buying his liscence and stamps and asked if him and his kids can go along during the regular season. All i have to say is what a BLAST it was taking them out!