• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photos of the young guns

This was a proud papa day as my oldest(Joey the fisherman and now Joey the duckslayer) shot them up he downed six birds and we retrived 4 kinda bummed about the 2 lost birds but that happens dog couldn't even find um

007-9.jpg

003-10.jpg

my yougest didnt want to shoot today but he want the photo op

005-8.jpg

Looks like your son had a great time! Me and some other guys took 5 guns out on a public wheat field that was holding a bunch of ducks for a few days.

We were all set and the birds started pouring in at the crack of dawn and the older youths had to go through a box of shells each, but they had a great time, fun to see the mallards working the spread. They ended up with 4 mallards, 2 geese. All in all, a great time.

I'm starting to wonder if I was this bad of a shooter when I was their age! grin

IMG_0791.jpg

we only got to hunt for an hour and a half due to football practice (saturday, I know its BEE ESS)

he missed 2 mallards missed 2 teal,but killed one teal on a shot harder than the ones he missed...go figure.. Must be rusty, cause normally he shoots better than some grown men I know..

Dog got to retrieve her fist duck ever, anyways

photo-3.jpg

photo2jpg.jpg

we only got to hunt for an hour and a half due to football practice (saturday, I know its BEE ESS)

thats why i quit.. ther was a game last year on dove, goose, ywd, duck and pheasant opener! there are a few on the openers this year also.. nice pics and its very rewarding to see a young gun get their first duck!

I took out my neighbors 2 boys and there father. A 10 and a 12 year old.There dad hasn't been waterfowl hunting since he was a kid. Took them out to a nice public slough and had a blast. They were a little skittish to shoot at first seeing all the ducks. Eventually with some advice and encouragement they started pluckin away. I was in aww seeing those boys make some impressive shots. Ended up with 2 teal,1 drake woodie, merganser, and a banded drake mallard! There dad was soo enthused that he's buying his liscence and stamps and asked if him and his kids can go along during the regular season. All i have to say is what a BLAST it was taking them out!