• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Use For Old Fishing Line

I seen the cutest little Christmas tree made out of fishing line this year. You take a round peice of wood for the base of the tree. A wooden dowel for the hiegth of the tree that attaches to the middle of the round peice of wood. Pound lots of little nails to the base of the tree and one at the top of the dowel and wrap fishing line up and down until its completly full. You put lights and tinsel around the dowel in the middle. The lights give off a real pretty reflection agaisnt the line. I wouldn't use line that was used, but the left over stuff that didn't get spooled. It was really neat, but I just wonder what esle a person could make instead of a tree the lights make a really cool reflection against the fishing line.
<><Mary><>

hi mary ! i have never seen one of those trees, but they sound cool ! i don't think you will get much reflection from mono. i think those new little rice lights that came out would be just perfect .( they are about a third the size of the small lights,but a kind of hard to find ) del

HI Del, I'm pretty sure it was mono fishing line and it was really cool. It gave off an ark reflection against the line. I'm trying to think up something to do besides a tree so it could be a decoration for any time. Yes I've seen them lights. They use them in the Christmas villages. I think the regular lights would work best in this though. It stood about a ft to 2 ft high.
<><Mary><>

If you use florescent line it will light up under a black light, should look pretty cool Eh.

We used to make giant spider webs from florescent mono. When you turned on the black light the web strands looked as big as 1/4 rope. A neat tip for Halloween next year.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-04-2003).]

Phyl, I just might do that make a fish that is. It would make a nice little light up at the camper. Right now I'm crocheting doilies for my girls for Valentines day. By next month all my crafting will turn into fish things. By the end of Febuary I usally start getting the itch to go fishing.
<><Mary><>

Hey Mary you have way more patience than I do! So when you get this fish done you have to take a picture of it and post it. How about a sail boat? So, I am off to print the Xmas pictures we took and try to frame them.

------------------
Phyl