• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice King Auger missing blade "Help"

dadoftim

Does anyone have any info on Ice King Power Ice Augers? I have an older one in great shape. Not sure how hold. Model # 1111. 8 inch, 3hp. I am looking for a replacement blade and having no luck. The sticker on the auger says "to order replacement parts contact Quality Tool and Manufacturing Inc. P.O. Box 458 Watertown, WI." I can not find anything anywhere about Ice King Augers or Quality Tool and Manufacturing. I am guessing that they have been out of business for a while. Are there other blades that could/would replace this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

I got tired of trying to find a blade made for this auger, so I went to Fleet Farm tonight and found the closest match which was the 9" Jiffy Ripper blade. The holes don't line up pefectly but they are very close, I had to ream out the holes on the auger a little bit and grind an angle into the corner of the blade to match the old blade. It will cut good if you just bolt it on and go, but it binds up pretty good when you get almost through the ice, this is because the Jiffy blade has an angle to it where the ice king blade is flat. So the cheap and easy fix I came up with is to take a 5mm allen wrench and cut off the end of it so it is just a straight piece of metal, you then put your bolts loosely into the blade and auger, next you take your cut allen wrench and put it in between the blade and auger and push it in so it is pressed against the bolts lengthwise, finally tighten your bolts and you are good to go. I tried a few different size allen wrenches and 5 mm was the best fit, I put a straight edge on the bottom of the blade and lined it up with the bottom of the auger to figure the angle for the blade. Worked just like new for me!! Good luck!