• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do Women out Fish Men

I'm guessing Yes, I don't know if it is beginners luck or just that they are more patient and listen better. I have have been gladly out fished almost every time a take a women.

Yes and No. Many times I have out fished my hubby, but then again many times he has out fished me. There is a cemical on your hands I forget the name of it, but it is stronger on men then on women. It is thought that the fish smell this cemical and don't bite as much. So the next time your out fishing with a women have her bait your hook and see what happens. I don't know if there is any truth to this I just remember hearing it some where before.
<><Mary><>

OH BROTHER !!!!! are the effects of not fishing open water getting to us already ? smell better ? ok, i'll give you that, and having more patience, some times! but listen better? ask you husbands about that!!!! hehehehe !!! del

As a guide for the last 12 years I have seen firsthand how women will listen to what you tell them to do. Whereas men will listen to what you tell them and then do what they want to do anyways! It never fails to amaze me that someone would travel 5-10,000 miles and pay $3-$4000 for a week of fishing and then not listen to the guide. Some men will do what show or tell them, then if they have great sucess it is because they are great anglers. But if they don't then it is the guides fault! So my hat is off to the ladies as they are much easier to fish with than the male ego. And remember its "Guide not God"

As a guide I agree, often women as clients are more eager to apply what you recommend as productive.

I think they also take in more of the total fishing experience too, the sights, the scenery, just plain relax better in general.

If I get out-fished by a gall pall, it doesn't threaten me in the slightest. I really enjoy seeing folks catch fish and have a good time.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

Now you guides or should I say Gods's have made me feel better. I thought men just did not listen to their wives!

I found a new horse training system that looked pretty neat so I ordered the videos for my husbands birthday in October. Of course he has not watched them yet. So I watched them and went to work on one of his colts that you could barely touch. Now I only did this 3-4 times and already in is 75% better. So my husband says "could you show me how to do this?" I have been avoiding this because I know it will be like every other time we are in the barn together. I tell him how I did it and he either argues with me or does it the way he wants to do it anyway. It's a male thing. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

kwkfsh, Thats right L-serine. It seems to me I heard this at a sports show in one of their little fishing seminars. For some reason I think it was Babe Winkleman. It was a few years ago.

I had this listening thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I took my brother in law and sister out fishing. They are the type that use the closed face reels with 20lb line. I got into a school of Crappies. I was catching left and right and they weren't catching any thing so I tried to get them to use one of my rods and reels. It wasn't even 5 minutes and the brother in law was back to fishing with his own pole and not catching any thing. They were vacationing with us for a week and I took them out many times never did get him to change. I don't think he caught one fish during that week. He seen a lot of fish caught, but I'm sure he went away saying there isn't any fish in that lake.
<><Mary><>

L-serine is right. I used to be a vegetarian (stop-ow-that hurts you guys) grin.gif and when i wasn't eating meat, I caught more fish, and could walk up on wildlife better.

[This message has been edited by RobertC (edited 01-22-2003).]