• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey all.........

wavey.gif Thanks for the greetings Fish and Mary. You betcha I'm from Duluth. My fishing holes are the St. Louis River and take trips up to Saganaga in the BWCA. How bout yourselfs? Again, thanks for the welcome. Junky....... fishead.gif

[This message has been edited by Fishing Junky (edited 11-07-2002).]

Well, Junky we live on the western side of the state. We are very lucky because in a 20 minute drive we can reach a good selection of lakes from Big Cormorant, Pelican and many smaller ones also. Wishing we had not put the boat away today!

------------------
Phyl

HI Junky, I'm from Iowa, but spend most of my summer in Waterville MN. Was up your way about 10 years ago. We drove up to Grand Marai. Then drove back down the North Shore spending time in the different State Parks. We ended that vacation with a fishing charter on Lake Superior. Its very nice up that way.

<><Mary><>

Thanks Mary. I was born in Grand Marais. Did you make it up the Gunflint Trail at all when you were up there? At the end of the trail is Saganaga, state record walleye caught there. That lake I swear has my soul. Love it when I'm up there and think about when I'm not. Have a wonderfull day, Junky.....

HI Junky, No we didn't go up the gun flint trail, but I wish we would have. At the time I don't think we knew anything about it.
Since then I have read 2 books about 2 different women that lived up there. Onw was the Root Beer Lady and the other I don't remember the name but she feed the deer in the winter. They were both very good books.

<><Mary><>

Maryji I'am also from Iowa. We are planing on fishing MN this comming year. A friend of ours we camp & fish with wants us to go up to Lake Shetek with them so were going in the spring. But I want to go up this winter so I can get in some good Ice Fishing.Anyone know of a good lake for cold water fish. Do you know where Pelican Lake is? Mary i'am from the Sioux City area, where are you from? (C.P.R.) Jackmac

HI Jackmac, I'm not familar with that lake, but I'm sure there are people on here that are. I'm from Northren Iowa. Just 2 miles from the Minnesota boarder. North west of Mason City about 45 miles. I don't ice fish so I'm not any help there. Have you looked at the other forums on this site? You'll find answers to all your questions on here. Have fun on here this is a great site.
<><Mary><>

Thanks Mary & Phyl for your answers. I think I'am going to like this forum, its very informative or something like that. Hope to talk at ya'll again
C.P.R. Jackmac