• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grounded

We just got news back on our sick motor and it is a cracked block. Man those things are expensive, oh well looks like we're grounded until we can scrape the money together. We were planning on a day tomorrow but it looks like it's farm work instead. Does anyone fish the St. Croix or Big Marine?, we live pretty close and it has been alot of fun. We just got our first real fishing boat so before it got sick we were going out pretty regular, doing okay but there is plenty room for improvement. We were out with a guide this past spring so my hubby is convinced he is a pro, poor guy, I don't want to hurt his feelings but I always thought you had to catch the fish not just see them on the depth finder, which by the way I am convinced they are preprogrammed at the factory, Oh well it
s fun reading all the info and posts. we are spending the day at the fair today so I better get going
Have a great day.

riverdancer, Thats really to bad about your motor. I know phyl can relate to you here she also has had a lot of motor problems this year. If you decide to buy a different one check out some of the adds in the for sale stuff here you might find a better deal.
Yes thows darn fish finders if only they could make the fish bite. I couldn't live with out mine thow its one of the first things I turn on before I head out fishing. I don't know how we ever got a long with out one. I don't always go by the fish it shows on it but the structure on the bottom and the water depth. In the spring I use the water temperture a lot to see if the fish are sponing yet. Good Luck <><Mary><>

Oh yes - I know all about motor problems! But we were lucky the guy fixed it for a lot less than everyone else quoted us. Now if I could just convince my husband to LOOK at the depth finder instead of all over the lake maybe we will still have a bottom in our boat when the season ends. He had never driven a boat until last summer so of course he is now an expert! Only problem is he forgets what he is doing. Had us in 2 feet of water and a sand bar on Sunday on Pelican Lake! I keep trying to tell him how to watch the shoreline and watch the color of the water but I am being totally ignored as usual. Then he keeps complaining that they should mark these spots. Yeah right! Oh well, guess who has to pay for it if he wrecks it - not me! grin.gif

------------------
Phyl