• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Good Way To Catch Fish

I found a good way to out fish the hubby. All year he has been out fishing me so Saturday afternoon when we went out I made a bet with him. The one that caught the most fish had to cook supper. I felt my odds were real good at not having to cook. WRONG I caught 2 big perch 1 Crappie and 1 White Bass to his 1 Perch. It worked out ok though he cleaned the fish well I cooked supper. I guess I'll have to make that bet more often.

Mary i would think so!! sounded like a great day on the water. i fnally am getting to know the the feeling of sharing the boat with some one. we were at shady acers on robets lake last week. my girl freind came along . ( yes, with my 15 yr old twins permission!) it was super to have some one else who loves to fish, and who means a lot to me sharing my boat. i've been single for 10 years. ladies enjoy every minute you get like this. you don't realize how wonderful those times are til you don't have the opportunity. a little bet like that just adds a little more spice to the day!! del

del, Thats great I'm so glad you found some one that likes to fish also. Well how was it did you catch anything and were you able to get out with your knee surgery? Tell your Lady she is going to have to join us on here. We need more women.

Yes we did have a good day Saturday we caught a lot of fish between the 2 of us. We were out most of the morning then we went back out in the afternoon. In the morning I only caught 1 fish to his 3.

<><Mary><>

mary the first couple of days the sunnies were really biting. then the front came thru, and really slowed things down. we did manage to catch some small walleye on cranks and jigs. fished mainly for panfish and bass. we did ok on bass. i caught a 5 lb lg mouth that we brought back to the dock for pictures and released it there. several people almost fainted ( including my girl freind!!) when we turned it loose. ron Kline took alex muskie fishing two mornings! although he didn't catch one or have any folows, ron kept him intertained and taught him more about those toothy critters! my hat off to ron! he is super!! we had a very good week. only down side was my daughter got sick the morning we were leaving, so it was a quick trip to the dr. and then the drug store for meds then up to faribault. she got sick the first night there and did not feel very good for the first three days. she had an inner ear, and an outer ear cannal infection. she did get to ski and tube the last two days. it was a good week. ( and yes i bought my freind a very nice spinning rod and reel) and she even knows how to clean fish!!! i'm doing pretty good. was a little shaky in the boat some times, but managed! del

Hey Del glad you found a woman that likes to fish and will even clean them! I hope it works out for you. Life is too short to not enjoy it with someone.

Well, all I have to say is you all better be fishing on the Eastern part of the state this weekend because I got my boat back on Monday and we are going this weekend so you know it is going to rain in the Western part of the state! But I don't care - at least we will be on the lake.

Hey Mary, better watch those bets - you may end up cleaning and cooking those fish. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl