• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Story

Hi Gals!
I just returned from a short trip (Saturday and Sunday only) to my parent's cabin on Mille Lacs. I hadn't been there since early July and thought I could talk my dad into taking me out the flats to do some fishing. Unfortunately the wind was too strong on Saturday to get out from our southeast corner of the lake. So my dad suggested that he would take my 6 year old son and I out fishing off the dock. We were having all kinds of fun feeding the minnows our nightcrawlers when my dad handed his rod over to my son to reel in the fish that took his bobber down. We were all in shock when he pulled the fish up next to the dock and here was a 24+inch walleye! Never in our wildest dreams would we think we would catch a walleye of this size at 1:00 in the afternoon in mid-August off the dock in only 6 feet of water! We took a few quick pictures, then returned the walleye back into the lake. Needless to say this kept us fishing for a couple more hours! Unfortunately the only things we could catch after that were perch and sunfish (another first! In over 30 years of fishing off this dock we have never caught sunfish until this year). This was definitely a day full of memories! Hope you all have had a chance to get out to make some memories fishing this summer, too!
Ladyfisher

D-Man,
I'm not an expert on sunnies, so I really don't know what to compare them too. But they were big enough to keep and fillet and then eat.
Ladyfisher