• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Safety System?

deerminator

So I was hanging my one hang-on stand today and after I got everything in order, my Fall Guy safety strap jammed. Can't get it unstuck for the life of me. It's probably time to get a new safety system anyway. The vest still works but how long are you supposed to keep those? As long as they work or is there a "suggested" time out for them? I was thinking of keeping the vest (5 years old) and combining it with one of the safety straps I already have to go around the tree and then buying one of those climbing safety systems that let's you stay connected to the tree from the ground to stand. Thoughts?

The Hunter's Safety System Life Line with the Prussick knot is the way to go. Like you said it let's you stay connected from ground to stand and back.

I think most manufacturer's recommend disposing of a fall restraint system if it's been used. As far as shelf life, I would think it would be fine to use until you experience a fall.

Email the manufacturer and see what they say.

Brian