• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its Not My Year For Fishing

This is just not my year for fishing I guess.
We got out on the Lake Saturday morning and hubby says you pick the spots today. Ok great I thought, but after 3 different spots I hadn't even gotten a nibble. Of course he was catching. I decided I had bad carma or some thing. After getting back up to the camp ground I had heard that hardly any one else caught any thing either.When we got home yesterday we got a phone call and a friend of ours had caught a 5lb Walleye. She was real excited about it. I can't wait to see the pictures. She is on the way today to the local taxidermist to have it mounted. I am really happy for her but I sure wish it would have been me. Oh well I guess my husband and I are changing places he seems to be catching more then me this year usally its the other way around. Well Like they say a bad day fishing is better then a good day working. Hope everyones luck has been better then mine.
<><Mary><>

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, gotta let the hubby get ahead once-in-awhile, just to keep 'em interested.
We made a first-time weekend trip up to Lake of the Woods, I got us a walleye charter (birthday present for the hubby, but gee I got to go too!) We both caught our limit of 14 to 25 inch eyes. Glad we went out on a bigger charter boat instead of ours because a storm went across the lake south of us creating 4-6 foot swells. Gave a whole new dimension to trying to boat a fish. Our guide, Doug Brown, of the Ship's Wheel Resort on the Rainy River was really good. We stayed at Wheeler's Point resort. It was very nice, cabin was comfy, right on the river. I caught a smallie and some perch from the dock, almost skunked the hubby, but Sunday morning he came up with a little perch. Would definitely recommend a trip up there!

------------------
Tight Lines

Hey Mary - no sympathy from me - at least you have a boat! grin.gif Picked up the trolling motor today but they still have not started on the big one. Oh well, it is suppose to rain again this weekend and I sure don't want to get involved in the We Fest traffic. Besides if you let those men catch a few it will hold their interest.

------------------
Phyl

BuffaloFisher, Sounds like you had a great time. That was a nice B-Day present to give the hubby. This year we haven't been able to get any farther then our camper in Waterville, but next year we hope to go some where else. We have been thinking about the Cass Lake area, but Lake of the Woods sounds a lot better to me. I'd really like to rent one of those house boats for a week.

<><Mary><>