• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm Hooked!

Hi Ladies! I just got back from my first trip to Lake of the Woods and can't wait to go back. Yes, even my 6 and 9 year old survived an island and week of fishing--they're looking forward to going back too! The best part was I sent my husband and dad out with a guide muskie fishing the first day and they got hooked. I went out with them the next three days muskie fishing (they needed a navigator so they wouldn't get lost) and I even had one muskie right up to the boat, but it got off when my husband went to land it with the net. It was amazing fishing and we even caught Walleyes for two fish fries and enough to bring home for the freezer, too. If you ever get the chance to get up there, it is well worth the trip! We stayed on Oak Island on the Minnesota/Canadian border and will definitely go back to this spot instead of fishing the south side--the wilderness adventure and getting away from cars and everyday life was well worth it!
Ladyfisher

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for coming back and sharing your trip with us. You made some wonderful memories for your kids and family.

<><Mary><>

That is sooo awesome. How long does it take to run up that way. We have been talking about doing that for some time. But instead have been venturing around SW Metro trying new walleye lakes that I have found via the DNR site and these forums. I went out fishing last night in the crow river and only caught bullheads!! No wallys or cats this time.

Gals,
If you get the chance, you need to make this trip! There is nothing to compare to it (unless you go to the BWCA--but canoeing is way too much work, especially when you are fishing too). It took us about 8 hours to get up there (it is still almost two hours north of Warroad to get to Youngs Bay to put in), but it was well worth it. I didn't see too many ladies up their fishing, either. I think the men think they are the only ones who enjoy full days of fishing--boy are they wrong! Anyways, if you consider going, I have suggestions of resorts to check out. I am going through fishing withdrawals and I was so grouchy the last two days that my husband was ready to leave, but it is back to reality and life in the city! Thanks for sharing in my excitement!
Ladyfisher