• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Lake of the Woods

Hi Ladies! I just came upon this awesome site last night and could hardly wait to ask a question! I'm going up to Oak Island on Lake of the Woods July 8th with my parents, husband and two kids (doesn't sound like a lot of fun, right!) Anyway, I figure this will be the closest thing to a fly-in fishing trip I'll ever get. Do any of you have any advice of where to catch Walleyes, Northerns or Muskies at this time of year and on this part of the lake? I've been fishing on Mille Lacs for most of my life and it has been the "lake of plenty" this year. My daughter caught a 7 pounder on her 9th birthday that had to be released--just got back the pictures today and they brought back all the excitement. Hope we can make new memories on Lake of the Woods, so any help you gals might have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello ladyfisher. I am sorry I can not answer your question because I have never been lucky enough to go fishing there. However, I just got the MN fishing report and they say it is the hot spot of the week. Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you to the sight and I hope you come back often. We need all the women we can get on here to keep these men in line. grin.gif Good luck with your fishing and your relatives. HA

------------------
Phyl

Hi Ladyfisher, I'm afraid I'm not much help either since I've never gone there. Had reservations to go once on a house boat but it fell threw. My Mother got sick. It sounds like a fun place to go fishing. I hope you have a great time with your family and make lots of memories for your kids. I just spent the weekend with 2 of my daughters and 4 of my grandkids up at our camper. The kids were ages 1, 2, 2, and 4. They had a lot of fun. Needless to say I didn't even wet a line. I was to busy playing in the sand and watching them swim. <><Mary><>