• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thermacell?

Code-Man

Mine was running with a brand new pad in it right beside me on Saturday morning when I shot a doe at 10 yards. She had smelled something & was curious, but I wasn't sure if it was the Thermacell or the fact that she'd cut across my scent trail a couple of times. I could smell it, so she probably could when she was close.

I used the "no scent" bug spray this weekend and had 3 deer walk right past my tree and ended up shooting a little 6 pointer so for bugs i would reccomend the no scent bug spray. I did spray just normal scent killer over it though.

Just bought my Thermocell last night, should I start it up like on my deck before hand so there won't be any smoke issues using it in my ground blind!

What do you do when you turn it off after a short time?

Put the pad in a container or just leave it in the grill portion and not worry about it?

No need to start it up before hand. Fire it up when you get to the blind. Just leave the pad in it for next time. They do take a few minutes to heat up and become effective. Often I'll start mine before walking to the treestand. There is some noise pushing the igniter and on a quiet night, I don't want to be doing that where I'm hunting.

Just bought my Thermocell last night, should I start it up like on my deck before hand so there won't be any smoke issues using it in my ground blind!

What do you do when you turn it off after a short time?

Put the pad in a container or just leave it in the grill portion and not worry about it?

Maybe run it for a half hour when its new to burn the new off of it. Then light it 5 minutes before you get into your blind. Thats what I'm going to do.

You can turn it off anywhere as it is not noisey. Keep the pad in the unit. I would guess that it seems that the unit smokes way less after it has burned a bit from new.

Seems that when I place a new pad in the boat when I'm fishing, it does smoke for a short bit but not that long.

I'm going to use mine in a ground blind this weekend and will report back if I remember to.