• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Code-Man

Thermacell?

Anyone use these Thermacells? With the recent rains up here afraid I might get carried away come opener in the river bottom so just curious.

Great unit. I place one in my 16ft boat on the dash and towards evening I turn it one. It seems it typically takes about 20 minutes and the bugs are gone. It keeps the whole boat bug free.

I don't go on the river or lake at night without it.

best $20 I ever spent.

Used one and absolutely love it. They work great. Not so much in the wind, but calm days where the skeeters don't have to fight the wind, a thermocell will be your best friend.

never even herd a buzz while bear hunting. it took away the worst part of early season hunting. i highly recomend them.

joe

They are well worth the money. I would definately pick one up before opener. I haven't used mine bowhunting yet, but it works great on the riverbank and in the backyard in the evening.

I know a few people have taken them out bear hunting and they worked great, still got there bears and no bugs. Little different for me, I used it the first night I sat out and it worked great!! I never had a bug buzz me even once. BUt on the other hand, I also had no bears come it. Now I know that it may have been something else keeping the bears out. But I had 5-7 different bears coming in all day every day (and I mean all day) morning, noon and night. The day I used the Thermocell no bears. So I did not bring it with me the second day, what do you know bears three different ones to be exact (missed one of them). Third day I took a very nice bear early in the evening. So I guess I personaly would not use one for bear hunting, unless I sarted leaving one out there running each time I baited 2-3 weeks before opener. BUT THEY DO WORK!!!!

coincidence, some days the bears move, some days they don't.

I wouldnt bear hunt without one.

I use a little coon pee as a cover sent, if it(thermacell) or I give off a oder the coon pee helps mask it.

Joe

Put a Thermocell next to the bait site and the bears could benifit from not having bugs bother them also!

And they would never know you have one too! grin

Anyone use one specifically for early Whitetail hunting. What's been the experience with deer? I have two of these and am concerned about using it for whitetail.

I have not used one for deer hunting and will not you can also call me chicken but not willing to chance it yet, I tryed the "scent free" bug spray from scent shield a few years ago and after having deer blowing at me the first time threw the can away.

who sells thermocells?

I have been looking to get one, but yet to find any.

Gander Mountain, Joes, Cabelas, Walmart....

i have used thermocell for early deer hunting and have had deer come closer then the bugs do. i would not worry about using it

Can't you have Wally-world order it and send to the store and they don't charge you shipping?

Used my thermacell the other evening for coyote hunting. Worked very well. only downfall is i could smell it and it smoked alot.

had it on for bout 10 - 15 min and shut it off. was smokin to much. it was a new pad in the front though, so that might have something to do with it.