• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's up?

You know they say women do all the talking but there sure is a lot more men chattering around here than women. You ladies catching all the fish and just keeping quite about it?

------------------
Phyl

HI PHYL,

Just got home a little bit ago have been up to the Lake since last Wed. It sure felt good to be up there and out fishing again.

We fished in my husbands company fishing contest on Saturday. Won the biggest stringer of pan fish catagory. Had a great time.

How about you have you been out fishing? Did you get your trolling motor on and working?

Got a lot of work to do to get our acearage ready to put up for sell, but I hope to get back up to our camper in a couple of days and back out on the water again.

<><Mary><>

Hey Mary - lucky you! The trolling motor is a long story. Purchased one weekend before last but did not have a 11/32 drill bit - so he drives to town and gets one. Then realizes that this is a fiberglass boat and can not get to the bolts to put the nuts on. So I asked the kind gentlemen on this site and they tell me to get Minnkota Quik Nuts. Well, the construction is so bad in Fargo and the only place that has them is in the middle of it. So since it was so cold and miserable on Sunday I went to town and purchased some. Then I get home and we get the motor out and drill etc. and look at the package and now we need a 5/8 drill bit which of course he does not have. So hopefully we will get it on this weekend if he does not have to work all weekend. But we did catch a nice batch of sunnies and crappies on Memorial Day. Made a good meal that is for sure. It is really cold and miserable here yesterday and today - hope it gets it out its system before the weekend. Just think of all the fishing tackle you can buy after you sell that land! grin.gif

------------------
Phyl

I can really relate with you having to run back and forth to get stuff. We live in a small town that has a gas station and a post office and have to go 20 miles to the closet big town. So it can get really maddening when you get home with some thing and have to run back and forth a bunch of times to get the job completed. Good luck on getting it done.

My poor hubby might have to work this weekend to. I'm thinking about heading up to the camper tomorrow by myself.
<><Mary><>

Hey Mary you are closer to the "big city" than we are. We do have a pretty good hardware store about 20 miles away after that we have to drive to Fargo which is twice that. Considering divorcing my husband today. Yesterday I was heading home about 1:00 in the afternoon and it was a beautiful day. So I thought maybe I would call my husband's friend that likes to fish and see if he wanted to go since he is not working. Got home and the wheels are off the trailer - he took them to town to get new tires! Now today it is 75, still, and just beautiful and I still have no tires. Oh well, I guess I have to look at the bright side - if he ever gets them back they will be new ones. Now if he just remembers to get that 5/8" drill bit before the weekend. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl