• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Devils Lake in October???

My bro and I are planning a duck hunting trip to ND for the non-resident opener. We are planning on getting our limit early enough in the day that we will have time to do some fishing. We have never fished devils lake before and are wondering what to expect. Will the landings be busy? Is any of the water off limits due to the indian reservation? What is the best tactic for walleyes that time of year? It would be nice to find a landing on the SE side of the lake. Do we need to worry about busting our boat prop with all the stumps and what not? Sorry for all the questions but I am just trying to figure a few things out so we have a basic idea of what we are doing. Thanks in advance!!!!

As for october fishing usally its the bridges (current area), or shallow areas right next to the DEEPEST part of the area of lake your fishing. Your looking for a landing on the SE side well thats going to be EastBay campground or Black Tiger bay landing..I suggest east bay. If your planning on just half the day there I would launch from the campground and drive to the woods rutten road bridge and fish the north west side of it. You cannot go wrong with green jigs and half a crawler threaded on it in Oct. Or a lindy rig with a crawler.

Dont worry about stumps just stay out from the shore atleast 200 feet, but not a bad idea to bring an extra shear pin with.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]