• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just a question for anyone who knows anything about the area. I live in southern MN now(just moved from the anoka area). And have tried to look up anywhere near that waterfowl hunting can be had(I know rochester has some good geese hunting). But I really want a chance at a few ducks. I am not looking to try and bag a limit every day, but do want to bring out a few first timers to try and enjoy the sport like I do. SO basically I just want to see a few ducks. Does Whitewater hold any kind of numbers? Does it get hunted very hard during the season? How hard is it to get the one blind they do have out there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of anywhere else that one could go that is fairly close(within a hour or 2 away). Thanks in advance!

Early and late season there are areas on the streams that you can jump shoot. If you have time the backwaters on the Mississippi have huge numbers of waterfowl that pass through late in the year. They get refuge wise and can go through very fast. Like most areas the weekdays are much better as far as hunting pressure. The river bottoms are huge and have many options so give yourself time to learn them if you get a chance. Can be some great hunting down there. Is big country that can get confusing fast so a GPS can really help. Good luck with it.

Thanks a ton. I plan on trying to make it a thing if I can find the right areas to hunt. From the sounds of it, it can be hit or miss(like most of the waterfowl hunting in Minnesota!). But I plan on doing a lot of scouting, and putting in my time. Once again thanks a ton!