• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"WELCOME FISHERMEN"

Hey Walleye Queen welcome to the "women's section"! Actually the signs don't really bother me too much and I do get a kick out of going to a fishing show and being completely ignored by the salesmen unless my husband is with. But then again it is kind of nice because I can look around without being bothered.

------------------
Phyl

Hey Clayton I think she is referring to the "man" part of it. grin.gif But Fisherwoman sounds kind of weird thus the Angler. But as my husband says you can call me any thing you want - just don't call me late for dinner!

------------------
Phyl

I know what she was saying, that's why I suggested "fisher." If "hunter" can be used without modification, why not "fisher"?

Of course if you need something tacked on, there's always "fisherfolk."

"Fisherperson" is no good, 'cause "son" refers to male offspring. Besides, it's four syllables.

I guess Anglers is proper but whatever works to get the crowd in. But yesterday I was walking into the Cormorant store and looked across at the Liquor store and there was a sign "Welcome Fishermen". I was walking down the street laughing - good thing nobody was around! But at least you can say I was paying attention to the fishingmn site!

------------------
Phyl

You can write the breweries that provide the signs and tell them you are boycotting their products because of sexist language. It might work.

I still don't know what's wrong with fishers, as fish is both a verb and a noun.
You can fish. You can be a fisher.