• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Bags

Hey Mary I finally got those rod bags made! I found black rip-stop nylon on sale for $1.00 per yard so went with that plus some velcro for closures. Cost me $5.16 for 4 bags and I have material left over! They turned out pretty neat. So what have you been up to? Any water down there yet?

------------------
Phyl

phyl...got a pattern for those? Believe it or not, this guy sews! (sewing machine is just another power tool for me! *L*)

would be interested in trying that out. let me know where I could find a pattern?

thanks...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Hi ghotierman: Actually I kind of just made up one. I measured the rods and reels and needed 7' in length by about 8" to cover the reels - be sure to measure the largest reel - that was my first mistake. I laid down newspaper and made them 2" wide at bottom 8" at top (sort of like a v with a flat bottom) and tapered it down to there having the 8" extend as far as the length of the handle and reel on the rod. I then turned down the 8" side of one piece about 4" and put facing behind it and stitched it down so that this ended being about 1-1 1/2" wide. I then put this against the other piece (remember to put it 4" down). Then I sewed the pieces together (right sides inside) Turn this inside out - then took the other 8" side and put facing on it and stitched it down to form a flap over the first piece. I added a spot of velcro to both sides and that was all there was to it. Took about 15 minutes to make the first one and about 5-8 minutes to make the ones after that. Hope this makes sense to you any questions just ask. I could probably draw up something and fax it to you.

------------------
Phyl

Phyl, That sounds great. I've been sewing some but it has been for curtains for our new house. We have been so busy cleaning painting and getting it ready to move in to that I haven't had time to do anything but wish I was fishing and back up at our little camper by the lake. Just got done painting all the kitchen cupboards yesterday and our next big progect is to sand and redo the wood floors. It will be a couple of weeks yet before we get the time to get out there to fish. Good Luck on the bags that sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could sell them.
<><Mary><>

Hi Mary! I was wondering what happened to you. Painting and doing wood floors does not sound like fun but it sure will be nice when it is done = hopefully by May 12th! I would never have enough time to make and sell bags but I really like mine. Sometimes I just amaze myself! grin.gif Hopefully we are going to get the floor in the boat today that he was suppose to do all winter. Then he goes back to work and gets stuck working nights on 12 hour shifts. Needless to say he has not been much fun. So after taking the 2 dogs to the vet for shots - one of which does not know what a leash is - we are off to some real fun. Take care and good luck with that house.

------------------
Phyl