• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gift for New Baby Girl

We had a new granddaughter last week and was looking for something unique. I remembered this poem I saw on an ad in In-Fisherman. I took her picture at 2 days old - which of course is adorable - put it into my Microsoft Publisher then I laid the poem on top of it and printed it on photographic paper and framed it. Even my husband said it was really neat. Here is the poem:

Take me fishing.
Because my wedding will
Be sooner than you think.

Take me fishing.
And show me that worms
really aren’t that icky.

Take me fishing.
You can think about
work later.

Take me fishing.
Because I get the giggles
when the boat bounces.

Take me fishing,.
Because my wedding will
be sooner than you think.

------------------
Phyl

Congradulations Grandma. Thank you for the poem it was great. I'll have to do that with my grandaughters pictures. I have 8 grandaughters and 3 grandsons. I'm always looking for ideas that have to do with fishing to give them. I got a picture of my oldest grandaughter holding some fish she caught last summer and she has her 11th birthday coming up in April. Of course I'll have to do 2 so I can keep one for myself.
<><Mary><>

Hi Mary: Of course I had to do 2 also! I gave it to my daughter last night and she loved it! Your picture with the little girl would work great. The add I saw was a girl about that age - but I just could not wait that long! Nice day today - getting the itch again - bought some fake minnows at Wal-mart just to keep me going for awhile. wink.gif

------------------
Phyl

Phyl...congrats on the grandkid!

The poem you found is part of a national ad campaign designed to increase participation in boating and fishing. There are several other spots....a boy and his grandpa, a husband and wife (take me fishing and make me feel 16 again...) a grandpa and his son...
They are all highly emotional, and appear to be working. This will be the second year of the campaign...pushing this spring into the National Fishing and Boating Week in June.

For more info on the ad spots, check out www.rbff.org (the HSOforum for Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation)...or www.waterworkswonders.org (this is the site for the ad campaign...and has links to events nationwide...)

Hi ghotierman: Thanks for the links! I am sure I can find some more ideas for great gifts since the daughter one was such a hit. The ad that I saw about the daughter was really cute and well done. My hats off to them.

------------------
Phyl

fishingphyl...a great gift idea for kids, and a great investment in the future of fishing: a lifetime license! Very affordable for kids, and even if they move out of state it's still good for life!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598