• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Booty gone!!!

MUSKY18

I can't believe that the Vikings cut Booty and kept Jackson. I liked Booty much better than Jackson, and the odds that either of them are going to see playing time is very limited this season. If things play out like them seem to, Booty will be picked up by another team and show that he can be a very good NFL QB, meanwhile the Vikings sit with Jackson on our bench as a "work in progress". Only time will tell, but I think the Vikings have wasted enough time and money on this guy.

I agree with Musky. If you look at the string of QB's that were former Trojan's, there is a great history there and I don't think Booty will be much different. While I think Jackson can and will be a fine QB, I feel that Booty had the same potential.

Booty doesn't rank anywhere near the top of the USC quarterbacks talentwise. He was basically carried along by the superior talent around him. He was good but not on the same level as Palmer. Also there aren't many success stories, at quarterback, from USC lately.

meanwhile the Vikings sit with Jackson on our bench as a "work in progress".

Isn't that what they would be doing if they would have kept booty??? At least jackson has shown improvement, they are much better letting jackson sit on the bench this year and learn from favre!!!

Jackson may be what Brad Childress is remembered for specifically here in Minnesota...for better or worse! While he's going to go down as one of the most uninspiring playcallers in MN Vikings history, I think he's much more connected to T-Jack's success or failure. Many times he has put a lot of faith in T-Jack, very publicly. If T-Jack fails (as I believe he will), the only thing that can erase that blemish on his legacy would be a super bowl victory. With the talent the organization has put together around the rest of the field, it's now up to the coaches to call an inspired game and make sure the players play up to their potential.

Well here is my big question........how long does everyone still consider Jackson a "work in progress?" Eventually, he has to be labeled a flop and cut loose for cryin out loud. He has been given more than enough chances and has not capitalized on any of them. He has had his chance, now they should have given Booty the same chance and let Jackson run the practice squad.

How can anyone possibly say Booty is ahead of Jackson? Botty has a long way to go before he ever starts for any team in the NFL. If he is so great how come no other teamed claimed him. Notice also that no team wanted to even trade a jug of gatorade for Jackson.

Well here is my big question........how long does everyone still consider Jackson a "work in progress?" Eventually, he has to be labeled a flop and cut loose for cryin out loud. He has been given more than enough chances and has not capitalized on any of them. He has had his chance, now they should have given Booty the same chance and let Jackson run the practice squad.

T Jack can't run the practice squad- he has too much active game time. Booty was still eligible because he was active for only 1 game last year. It has to be under 9 games in 1 season to be eligible.

T Jack is only in his 4th year. For a qb, he is still young. Most QB's don't develop until they hit their mid-late 20's. He still has time to develop. The thing I worry about with him is when he has pressure- as a starter and in big games. He has looked good since we signed Favre this year- pressure OFF! Which, with any young qb is a concern. Only experience can help you over come that pressure. The success in the last few years of the rookie qb's- Flacco, Ryan, Roethlisberger is somewhat of a farce. It usually doesn't happen and in all of those situations those qb's came into veteran teams with big time Defenses and a good/great RB and very good receivers. The Vikes D was not all that when T Jack was a rookie and our receivers have been HORSE&*(* until this season.

I think T Jack is going to be our back up, at least to start the season with Sage as the #3. I will be surprised if we don't sign him after this year, unless Chili and his regime are gone.

Unless you personally know Booty or have been hanging around down in Mankato, how can a person honestly have feelings about him being tossed? By his NFL pre-season stats? smirk

If you look at his college past, it is pretty sad. He did break some record in a bowl for TD's and lead his team to a victory. Short of that he was a bench warmer and still got injured almost every season. crazy

I can not even believe there was any question about Jackson or him.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Geez,

we're 5-0 and still you guys are whining about T-Jack who has looked pretty good lately.

Even though one wouldn't know it by all the lame excuses and hand wringing you whiners keep throwing out there about T-Jacks surprisingly good performances. smile

I'm happy to have T-Jack as our back-up QB.

Not sure why you whiners are crying so hard about that laugh

Looked pretty good lately?? bahahahahahaha!

Good one!

Ryan Leaf would look good in mop-up time too!

It's pretty obvious that when the pressure is off Jackson can hang in there. He won't win the game for you, but probably won't completely give it away either.

With that said, he's a perfect candidate for the practice squad where there is no pressure! Of course it's hard to showcase his "talents", i.e. trade bait, if you can't bring him in with a 20+ point lead to prance around for a minute or two.

Booty has been cut from the practice squad, white purple jesus is the Qb, TJ is number 2 and Sage yes the almighty Rosencopter Sage is 3. So more crow for supper you TJ haters.....you guys must be just about out of salt?

Tjunk has not taken a meaningful snap this season.

Tjunk is a mediocre at best QB.

If Chilly was not our coach TJunk would not be in Purple.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You might want to try watching th games to the end harvey lee laugh

When I say surprisingly good, I don't just mean T-Jack showed good skills. I mean he shoed surprisingly good skills.

Now it will be fun to just add some pressure to the situation and see how he performs.

Tavaris Jackson has had some pressure added to the situation many times. Mostly he failed. Jackson supporters are finally seeing what a winner (Favre) can do with the tools around him. As a Packer fan, I've enjoyed watching this argument go on and on. As long as the Vikings stuck with Jackson, the team was going to be stuck in mediocrity. Now that there is a QB who knows how to play with pressure, the Vikings are playing outstanding. THIS is what the Vikings were missing....Jackson was the clog in the Vikings toilet.

You know what you have in Jackson, and it's not a game-winning quarterback. It's a guy who shows his best during mop up time. Booty gave some hope for the future. That's what your 3rd QB should be...a guy who might develop into something. Jackson's development is done at this point. That dog has learned its tricks.