• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Leech, you need a place to quarter the deer on that side of the border since you can't bring spine or brain tissue back in to MN.   

If you cape it out can you bring the antlers back with the top scull plate to mount in MN?  Do you have to show someone ( Wis DNR) your work or is it an Honor system?

Edited by leech~~

3 hours ago, certified jumbo said:

Well it all came together last night in the oddest of ways.   I go to my money spot for a South wind only to find 3 deer bedded under my stand, they run into swamp bedding area and I can here more deer get up and running, splashing through water etc.  So I decide that spot is ruined.  I run to the truck and go to another spot about 1.5 miles north.  I haven't hunted this particular set this year.  Get in and there are trails and rubs around tree.   Not long her comes a doe but she's going to skirt me at about 34 yards.   Trying to decide if I should shoot her or not.   Decide to wait in hopes for a little closer shot.  She then hits my boot tracks where I walked in and is instantly very nervous.  Then I here it, loud constant grunting, here he comes from corner of field running right at her.  She bolts as he nears, but bolts right to me, he follows, never stopping.  I tried the mouth grunt and finally basically yelled, I got hI'm to slow to a fast walk.  I let the arrow rip hitting him a bit back.  My heart sank.  I immediately got binoculars on him and could see heavy blood coming off his side.  He staggered about 80 yds into field and went down.  He had his head up for about 10 minutes looking around.  Then I couldn't see it anymore.   I have him an hour went over there and he had retired.  Thanks to MJ for sharing trail camera pics all summer, keeping tabs on the properties and helping hang it in rafters last night.  Turns out we have no pics of this deer.   That's all folks,

IMG_0050.jpg

You bet. Funny how things work out. I'm fiddling around by your first pick of spots so you go where you did then end up at your #3 spot and score him. Nice work. 

It was a blast hanging out with you and your dad last night. 

After missing a big 10 earlier this week I got to ride back up the emotional roller coaster of bowhunting this morning! Had this fella cruising this morning about 8am. He came charging right to the trail intersection in front of me and stopped, about 10 yards. He was slightly quartered towards. Shot looked pretty good but detected a bit of digestive matter in the blood so backed off and let him lay for a few hours. Shot was good(lungs) just exited back because of the angle. Went 100 yards.

20161101_131914~2.jpg

I'm not sure, need to look back through some game cam pics. I may have had a photo from the left and thought he was a 10. I had three much older and bigger 10s on camera but haven't seen them during shooting hours, and when this fella walked up I didn't hesitate.

Edit: yes! Back in September. Thought he was a 10 because his left side was partially obstructed.

IMG_20161102_081237841_HDR.jpg

kim.jpg.b273eb0d05561d69986c015b7872526e.jpg  My wifes first bowkill, second year hunting.  Was a great day back in nov.  She was in stand for five mins and texted me she shot a buck.  I asked her about the hit and she told me she thought she hit good but the buck ran into a tree and the arrow came out. The buck walked off staggering, I was nervous she didnt have much penetration so I asked her to climb down and look at the arrow.  She said she had about 12 inches of the rear shaft with blood.  I told her to stay in the stand for two hours and I would make my way.  In that time she texted me four other times about other bucks coming by.  I finally made my way and we traked the buck sixty yards to find her buck, I have never seen her so excited, still shaking.   To me that was better than all the bucks I have ever taken. It was a great hit through the vitals and smaked the other shoulder.  Thunderheads did the job again. Cant wait for fall!!

Edited by bottomdweller
add more words