• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

So I am getting all excited for bow season and then I remember something that still bothers me. So the land I lease for Deer Hunting the past 6 years, me and the land owner have been putting in numerous food plots and managing what is harvested off the land that is 600 acres and we have seen tremendous results in the average size bucks we get on camara and harvest. So last year I hunted this really nice buck I was getting on camera at 1 stand everyday with a big doe and everytime I sat I saw him and just could not get a shot seen the food plot was so big there was no rime or reason to where he would come out. But then the landowner rents an old house to this guy on the adjacent property which is on the opposite side of the 600 acres and i start seeing his son on cameras driving around his truck around the property so he is told he needs to stay off the property and is allowed on the 20 acres his dad rents. But obviously he does not because i get these pictures sent to me by the land owner and the kid who is in his 20's has the nerve to sit in my stand and shoots it with his rifle. Well now that I got that off my chest I feel alittle bit better and believe me we still have many bucks this year that are as big or bigger then this one this year so I am happy and going into the season with a positive attitude. Good luck to all this year and look forward to your picture of success no matter Buck or Doe. 

Screenshot_2015-11-11.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_411.jpg

44 minutes ago, Timber Ghost said:

So I am getting all excited for bow season and then I remember something that still bothers me. So the land I lease for Deer Hunting the past 6 years, me and the land owner have been putting in numerous food plots and managing what is harvested off the land that is 600 acres and we have seen tremendous results in the average size bucks we get on camara and harvest. So last year I hunted this really nice buck I was getting on camera at 1 stand everyday with a big doe and everytime I sat I saw him and just could not get a shot seen the food plot was so big there was no rime or reason to where he would come out. But then the landowner rents an old house to this guy on the adjacent property which is on the opposite side of the 600 acres and i start seeing his son on cameras driving around his truck around the property so he is told he needs to stay off the property and is allowed on the 20 acres his dad rents. But obviously he does not because i get these pictures sent to me by the land owner and the kid who is in his 20's has the nerve to sit in my stand and shoots it with his rifle. Well now that I got that off my chest I feel alittle bit better and believe me we still have many bucks this year that are as big or bigger then this one this year so I am happy and going into the season with a positive attitude. Good luck to all this year and look forward to your picture of success no matter Buck or Doe.

Screenshot_2015-11-11.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_411.jpg

Not sure how well you really, really know the land owner but he maybe double dipping and letting the other guys hunt the 600 when your not there?  Just saying. :(

Public land in Wisconsin. I was just lucky.   He came through chasing four does, they ran across in front of me at about 80yd and I heard him grunting behind.  When he came in I grunted loud with my mouth and by some miracle he came my way and I grunted to stop him at 20yd.  I didn't even see how big his antlers were, just knew that I wanted to shoot him.  Arrow went in further back than I would have liked and I thought it might be a liver hit but ended up hitting the lungs.  I just about fainted when I walked up and saw him up close.  Caught the edge of the close shoulder blade and the arrow did not go out the other side, broadhead stopped by far ribs.   I've never even come close to shooting a deer I would consider mounting, but this one is at the taxidermist now. :)

Edited by Cheetah

Thanks everyone.   The amount of meat off this buck is insane.  The neck was like three deer together.  I expect I will be cutting meat most of today and through the week.  20lb of italian sausage so my wife stops buying it.  Sam's Club has pork butt for $1.58 per lb right now.  

29 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Thanks everyone.   The amount of meat off this buck is insane.  The neck was like three deer together.  I expect I will be cutting meat most of today and through the week.  20lb of italian sausage so my wife stops buying it.  Sam's Club has pork butt for $1.58 per lb right now.  

Was there some new law about bring Deer or heads of them into MN from other states or was that not passed?  Just wondering if you ran into any issues with that or not?  :confused: