• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

I've spent a lot of time in the woods this year, and finally got lucky on Saturday morning. This 9 pt came in at 0745 following my drag rag along a creek bottom. Shot him at 16 yards. Rage through the cage, double lung. He was able to shorten the tough drag I was in store for by running up-hill out of the bottom 60 yards, and crashing. I was on the phone telling my bro the good news from my tree when the BIG ten stepped into the same shooting window where I had just shot the 9 pt! That ten truly made my deer look like a bambi. When I was preparing to field dress this buck I could see an arrow wound very low on the chest below the arm pit. Someone had shot this deer in the last couple of weeks, but the arrow never entered the rib cage or touched any bone, just the small meaty/hide portion of the lower chest. The would was slimy, and slightly green. Safe to eat all meat except for front quarter?

All in all it was a great morning! Also watched a bobcat scoot by at 30 yards before the deer showed up.

full-6575-14090-kylebuck.jpg

full-6575-14091-kylebuck2.jpg

Here is my 2011 buck I arrow on 11/3/2011 at around 8:30 am.(Hugo, MN)

He came charging in while I was still rattling. I heard him coming so I put the horns away and grab my bow. As soon as I had the bow in my hand he was already stand 30 yard in the brush. He stood there for 30 seconds, walk towards me and circle my tree and I took the shot at 10 yards. I hit him a little far back and high but I was lucky enough to get livers and he ran 25 yards and drop.

Just thought it would be nice to share my story with all you hunters.

2011-11-03_10-21-32_3.jpg